Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ratisbon's insignia

Article about: Some clear images of contested items.

Default Ratisbon's insignia

Some clear images of contested items. Ratisbon's insigniaRatisbon's insigniaRatisbon's insigniaRatisbon's insigniaRatisbon's insigniaRatisbon's insignia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ratisbon's insignia
    P
    Many

Credit Ratisbon's

TWS
    ?

I'm preparing to bid again in the upcoming auction, but not on any SS items. I don't collect SS.

Quote by TWS View Post
    I'm preparing to bid again in the upcoming auction, but not on any SS items. I don't collect SS.
    My purpose is to show especially the Danziger badge, which some of you are interested in. I also am curious about the
    1927 Hakenkreuzkokarde with the novel RZM mark, which I have not seen.

I do not propose to question it, but I found the insignia nicely photographed. Or am I missing something?

M 1/7 is Schanzlin, Pforzheim, and if it is Pforzheim, then such refined stamps might well have been the thing....Ratisbon's insignia

Or Wim will correct me, because he does not like it that I rely on C.R. Davis, but I do not have the range of resources as had by my betters.

I am always grateful when Wim corrects me, because he does it so well and I always enjoy his books.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Some clear images of contested items. Ratisbon's insigniaRatisbon's insigniaRatisbon's insigniaRatisbon's insigniaRatisbon's insigniaRatisbon's insignia
    If these are authentic, they are in a remarkable state of preservation, that is for sure.

From the images, they look real to me. I have the sense that old collections with nice things are going to the breakers,
    and you see here the results. Or these are cunning fakes. You tell me. I do not especially care, but I do have
    an above average knack with the Danzig badges, because I own quite a few in situ.

I have not dealt with this vendor, but I admire his photography and he offers a real resource to collectors with his photos, which I endeavor to credit.

There is a very good black SS officer's cap for sale, of a rare variant, which is picco bello.

What caught my eye was the stamp on the splint in a manner I had not seen. My mind seizes on slight, unimportant details.

Of course, if someone gives sound evidence to the contrary, then have at it.
    My purpose here is not to start witch hunts about dealers.

Insignia with patina.Ratisbon's insigniaRatisbon's insignia

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast