Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a real, or fake ss skull?

Article about: This is an aluminum skull. Is it real, or fake? it has an RZM, and 360/42 on it, although you really can't tell from the crappy scan.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Is this a real, or fake ss skull?

This is an aluminum skull. Is it real, or fake? it has an RZM, and 360/42 on it, although you really can't tell from the crappy scan.
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this a real, or fake ss skull?  Is this a real, or fake ss skull? 

2. # ADS

Harry Morant
    ?

Default Re: Is this a real, or fake ss skull?

I'm a rank amateur so I won't commit myself but I do note that Robert Lumsden on his book "SS Allegemeine" says "One particularly good set of cap badges to avoid are the eagles and deaths heads marked RZM 360/42 SS - made in Austria in 1980".

?

Yes looks as not good one, some differences between original one, I think here is another members who will explain in details: what is wrong
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

This item is currently listed on ebay, although it will probably be removed because SS items are a no-no to ebay's commisars. JPMuschel is the seller, it is listed under "German uniforms" She has sold these before. Write to her and tell her! I did.

Fenix82
    ?

By the way this is effectively a 80's production made by an ex ss insignia maker in Austria

?

New member, first post, collected WWII stuff some 10 years ago. While we had the "net" then, its gotten better and I wish there had been sites like this.

Sad to report that I'm the proud owner of a "matching skull/eagle" set that is marked as per this example. Complete with the bogus SS runes.

Bought mine back in 99, off flea bay, from a stated MAX lifetime member, guaranteed to be original. Yeah right. 125 bones, and that 1999 bones to boot!

Its too bad about all the bad cap insignia. I thought I was informed at the time, and I guess there are worse repros to be fooled by...

Really bummed they are not real, but glad to know the truth. Thanks to this site and the great contributors.

Regards.

This indeed a New wave fake (I mean 80's ) from Austria indeed.
    The faker wanted to make that look like a Assmann skull, with completely invented contractnumbers.
    Here's a authentic Assmann..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a real, or fake ss skull?   Is this a real, or fake ss skull?  

Quote by Wuerstenfuchs View Post
    This is an aluminum skull. Is it real, or fake? it has an RZM, and 360/42 on it, although you really can't tell from the crappy scan.
    Ugliest skull I have ever seen.... the original Assmann's arent the best looking to start with. Hate to see people spend good money on these Sorry for the bad news to anyone who got one