Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Recently Purchased Ground Recovered items after extensive calcium and rust removal

Article about: discussed above here http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-met...enkopf-572560/

Default Recently Purchased Ground Recovered items after extensive calcium and rust removal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recently Purchased Ground Recovered items after extensive calcium and rust removal
    P
    Many

Yet another stinker with the eastern European story.

Neither items conforms to prototype.

yes these are good copies

Thanks guys. They've gone to great lengths to age items . Tip of eagle has through corrosion on 1 wingtip along with crack along neck and partial crack on one wing to look as if ground frost damaged.

?

The thing I noticed about this is, on the left "Tang" ( as you look at the photo) for holding the skull onto a cap, there are marks on that piece, that, to me at least shows it was bent after it was made to look old or a "tool" caused it. Had that tang been bent before it was aged, the aging would not have cracked, and had it been bent before aging, some "tool" came into contact with it after ageing

JUst my thoughts, Remember I do not collect this type of thing, but I do now a little about dug up bits.

Dean O

Think and write as you like, the stuff is Schund and absorbs too much time, electricity and mental effort.

I cannot understand why so much attention is lavished on this kind of nuisance.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Think and write as you like, the stuff is Schund and absorbs too much time, electricity and mental effort.

I cannot understand why so much attention is lavished on this kind of nuisance.
    I totally agree ,not only here in this forum but others also -

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    I totally agree ,not only here in this forum but others also -

Horst
    Thank you, colleague. How much time have I wasted with this kind of thing.

I do not want to discourage or dishearten the novice and the beginner, but these threads are so endless and circular.

I have done my best to include as much real SS material as humanly possible, and there are many here who do so.

The subtle details of fakes constitute a time sink of the worst kind.