Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Relic SS totenkompf skull

Article about: My SS collection is fairly small at the moment, and im looking to add new items to it. I found this Relic cap skull for sale in the classifieds section of the forum yesterday. i would love t

Default Relic SS totenkompf skull

My SS collection is fairly small at the moment, and im looking to add new items to it. I found this Relic cap skull for sale in the classifieds section of the forum yesterday. i would love to get it, but i am not seasoned in these types of relics.
    I know SS items are the most faked. Could i get your guys honest opinion on this piece, before i make a purchase?

Best regards- Jarret
    Relic SS totenkompf skullRelic SS totenkompf skull

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic SS totenkompf skull
    P
    Many

LUFTWAFFE 1941.....ground dug TOTENKOPF are the most dangerous to identify as FAKE or REAL. These photos also remind me of the humor of BSIWULA1 making an analogy of a poor quality catalog photo comparing it to the Shroud of Turin. While the prong attachment indentations on the reverse appear to be OK, it is impossible to say whether it has been cast or stamped. A REAL TOTENKOPF visor cap abzeichen must be coined not cast. Besides, the photos do not let one even guess the manufacturer as the four skulls each have their own personalities. You need to look at the reverse for positive identification.

ASSMANN.......GES GESCH

DESCHLER......RZM D.S.M. GES GESCH
    RZM 52
    RZM M1/52
    RZM 254/42

OVERHOFF RZM M1/24
    S.P. 40

ZIMMERMAN RZM 499/41

If you find an SS logo on the reverse, it is the kiss of death as far as FAKES go. I can help with the stamped skulls and member ROSSI can help you spot the cast fakes.

In my own opinion, any comments on metals becomes a discussion whether angels have sex, as is said in Italian. CUPAL, for example, makes the best strike, but it is most dangerous for the manufacturer because it pushes the envelope, so to speak, risking damage to both the obverse and reverse stamping dies.

When asking for better photos, a side view is most important so we can view the parting line.

AFTERTHOUGHT....in a crude way, I loaded your images as if to make a paper print-out and enlarged 250%. The teeth might be....Alas, poor DESCHLER...I knew him well.....

AFTERTHOUGHT #2....if this is being offered on WARRELICS, it must have been accepted as REAL by consensus.

Afternoon Gentlemen , I am the seller of the Totenkopf and following this thread and Luftwaffe,s request I went to get the skull to add additional photos only to see this is the Totenkopf I sold on WAF a couple of weeks ago. I shall now list the "other " one in the classified section but I thought an explanation polite in case the sceptics thought it had 'Magically ' disappeared . Regards. Jim.

Hello. While Doug's observations and concerns about the difficulty of correctly identifying the skull due to it s condition are certainly justifiable. I think it's an original Overhoff based off the crimp style prong attachments and the two indentations on the lower jaw line, it looks similar to me compared to Glenn's example from a previous thread. I think what s confusing is the angle at which the obverse was photographed, that or the photographs are mismatched. Best regards.

Brian

Relic SS totenkompf skullRelic SS totenkompf skullRelic SS totenkompf skull

Overhoff (M1/24) Skull

From this thread post number 7

it's a cupal 499/41 skull and original

Thank you all for the very helpful information, I greatly appreciate it. Unfortunately Waffen44 already sold this example, and it is no longer available. He listed another one, but the condition is too poor for me. Its a bit of a disappointment, I got exited over it.
    Especially when you guys told me all these positive things about its authenticity. I guess my SS collection will remain mediocre for now.

Best regards- Jarret

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    Thank you all for the very helpful information, I greatly appreciate it. Unfortunately Waffen44 already sold this example, and it is no longer available. He listed another one, but the condition is too poor for me. Its a bit of a disappointment, I got exited over it.
    Especially when you guys told me all these positive things about its authenticity. I guess my SS collection will remain mediocre for now.

Best regards- Jarret
    patience is a virtue..
    I am sure you'll find what you need.

I also have this one Relic SS totenkompf skullRelic SS totenkompf skullRelic SS totenkompf skull

Alas, poor ZIMMERMANN.....I knew him well.....