Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

RZM 52 Totenkopf

Article about: Hello dear experts, I am currently considering to purchase this TK. To me it looks like good early rzm 52 version, but I would like to hear your opinions about it.

SVV
    ?

Default RZM 52 Totenkopf

Hello dear experts,

I am currently considering to purchase this TK.
    To me it looks like good early rzm 52 version, but I would like to hear your opinions about it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM 52 Totenkopf   RZM 52 Totenkopf  

RZM 52 Totenkopf   RZM 52 Totenkopf  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM 52 Totenkopf
    P
    Many

Hello not a good piece IMO. Compare it to this example previously discussed (maker markings aside). The prongs and the way they are attached as well as the other observations made (area below the nostril opening etc) in the attached thread. Kindest regards.

Brian

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn Totenkopf

SVV
    ?

Thank you Brian. I might be mistaken but for me it looks like this example, including the way prongs are attached.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM 52 Totenkopf  

Quote by SVV View Post
    Thank you Brian. I might be mistaken but for me it looks like this example, including the way prongs are attached.
    RZM 52 Totenkopf
    from winklemann collection

Quite possible I was looking at the D.S.M examples they have the same blunted prong and attachment method as your example. So perhaps this could be a transitional piece in the "evolution" of the Deschler skull as it were. The semi rusted condition makes it hard to pick up the details but comparing your example to the one from collectors guild I'm inclined to agree with you! A good piece it is. My mistake for the quick trigger.

Brian

The Bando/Beaver book speaks to this in passing but not with much detail. But differences can be seen as pointed out over time of production.

RZM 52 TotenkopfRZM 52 Totenkopf

The rzm 52 above is original. The skull on the document page on the right is also a fake.

?

Like Carlsson allready said, the RZM 52 that started this topic is a fine Original and actually not that common either.

@ bwsiwula 1: This RZM 52 is actually a well known type...

SVV
    ?

Thanks to all experts for opinions.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    The rzm 52 above is original. The skull on the document page on the right is also a fake.
    +1

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    +1