Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

RZM M1/52 skull

Article about: by Styx Anddd, what do you reckon on this one? I honestly have no clue with this, I haven't seen enough, but my natural inclination is to believe it's fake. There is the biggest thread ever

Default Re: SS Totenkopf, real or fake?

Thanks for your time and expertise. Can you tell me why you think its a repo? I don't know why it wants you to save pic, i loaded pic no problem and my comp is virus free.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM M1/52 skull
    P
    Many

Witch this tojan it was a joke.
    Sorry if you are sad (:
    For me this skull looks fake because I dont like shape of this skull.
    But of course pics are to small to 100% be sure and I am not a certificate expert in skuls relics.(or another ones)
    If you can post more pics witch more details will be easier.
    About the price it always depends how you desire it .
    If you have a large collection of skulls and this one perfectly match your collection you have to consider price.
    But if this is your first skull you can wait for better ocasion
    Peter

RZM M1/52 skullRZM M1/52 skullRZM M1/52 skullRZM M1/52 skullRZM M1/52 skullRZM M1/52 skullRZM M1/52 skullRZM M1/52 skullRZM M1/52 skullRZM M1/52 skullRZM M1/52 skullRZM M1/52 skullRZM M1/52 skullLike this. Nor are these pictures time bombs.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-02-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Thank you Calvaria, I'm not sad but desire some sort of crash course or information to distinguish Originals and Repos. I see ToxicGas has the comparison of later issued skulls. New to Forum and still trying to navigate through here. Again thank you for your time.

Thanks for your reply, can you direct me to some information on the style of skull and where i could find some sort of guide to distinguish originals from Repos?

Quote by K Bissat View Post
    Thanks for your reply, can you direct me to some information on the style of skull and where i could find some sort of guide to distinguish originals from Repos?
    Thie type of skull you posted is known as a 'First pattern' jawless skull, which pre-date the Third Reich. There are many variations, and this specific type is one of two kinds now known as 'Berlin Hoard' skulls- many were found on the site of an old factory, I believe. Other than that, my suggestions are to browse previous threads on the forum, and perhaps start saving photos in different folders; confirmed real totenkopfs, and fakes. The originality of the 'Berlin Hoard' skulls is apparently quite contentious with some, I own one that is generally accepted to be original, and I purchased it from the site I linked to you. I suggest you buy from there too, that way you'll be saving $250 or so, and have confidence that it will be a decent piece, for they have experienced approval. (That is however not to say that everything that this dealer sells is original- because I know that's certainly not the case.)

Mat

Quote by K Bissat View Post
    Thank you Calvaria, I'm not sad but desire some sort of crash course or information to distinguish Originals and Repos. I see ToxicGas has the comparison of later issued skulls. New to Forum and still trying to navigate through here. Again thank you for your time.
    Unfortunately, there is no crash course in distinguishing originals from reproductions. This is something that takes time and patience, but then, there is always the option of posting examples here for experienced members to help you out.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

As said on the other thread that skull is Original.

Thanks for the reply. So the first pattern were produced before the Third Reich but used, then were changed to the one including mandible?

RZM M1/52 skullRZM M1/52 skull

I hope the pics show up? What do you all think?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast