Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

RZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a story

Article about: by ToxicGas You have an impressive collection Friedrich, and these reference photos are very useful. I have saved a few for the purpose of comparing, thanks. If I were to seek an eagle to di

Default Re: RZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a story

Many thanks for sharing this image. The leather reinforcements to the tunics' elbows and the pants' knees are an interesting detail.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a story
    P
    Many

I even briefly owned one of the cotton earth brown tunics in the cut of the black tunic, without insignia, but it did not really need insignia now that I understand the thing. Oh well.
    One of my chums is a great collector of SSTV images, which constitute a real compelling aspect of all of this. He has shared many images with me. I cannot recall where I got the image with the cute dogs.
    Someone else is more informed than am I on this score.

[QUOTE=ToxicGas;340360]Would anyone know if there is any means of finding pictures of Belsen camp guards in uniform? I thought it would be interesting to display with the Totenkopf perhaps, for some context. I've tried to research but only found one poor quality image of the camp kommandant, Joseph Kramer, wearing his cap. If not, any good images of TotenkopfverbÀnde in full uniform would also be appreciated. I imagine portraits are probably best.

Also, can anyone point me to a good place where I may find an eagle to buy? They don't turn up often on the trusted sites I know.

The Mollo book in vol IV p. 9 has such an image of Belsen guards at the time of the UK capture of the camp and its aftermath. Surely other UK sources are at hand with such images. The picture credit is the Imperial War Museum, London.

As concerns SS cap insignia, join the rest of us in search of these stupid things.

as concern portraits,RZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a story

thanks to Peter Jenkins, who often finds this kind of material and knows a fair amount about it, too.

cap insignia in situ.RZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a story

better to collect army caps.RZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a story

'As concerns SS cap insignia, join the rest of us in search of these stupid things.'

-Haha, true. Thanks a lot for the corrections, and for the photos / information. So far, the only photos of Belsen SS personnel I have found show them without uniform, or with no insignia (as far as I can tell). This is the exception I mentioned, of Joseph Kramer:
    Google Images

Unfortunately, it's a small picture, and not good quality.

As for the photo you posted of the SS men with the puppies, I find it quite unsettling, considering the purpose of those innocent-looking dogs.

Mat

The images of the young men smiling and the cute dogs are deeply unsettling. I went to Auschwitz this summer, and found the place horrifying in more than the conventional response that one generally feels as regards organized violence and genocide. I have many portraits of SSTV young men, along with Eicke, and it is all disturbing. Eicke in particular had a very nasty appearance to him, even in his role as "Papa Eicke" in the first years of the Wachverbaende etc. Let us also restate, granted contemporary events, that our interest in this is historical in nature and comprises no endorsement or celebration of racist political aims whatsoever.RZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a storyRZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a story

The Schiffer books has a volume on the leadership of the SSTV with many portraits taken from the personnel files, which included a full size portrait image.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast