Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

RZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a story

Article about: by ToxicGas You have an impressive collection Friedrich, and these reference photos are very useful. I have saved a few for the purpose of comparing, thanks. If I were to seek an eagle to di

Default Re: RZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a story

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It is also worth noting that Kramer did not wind up at Bergen-Belsen during the final half year of the war in Europe by some biographical coincidence.

Kramer, with his long job experience as a Dachau-trained and Auschwitz-practiced industrialized murderer and slave-driver was sent there because he was deemed by Oswald Pohl to be just the right man for the job at hand.

His predecessor Adolf Haas was of a phlegmatic nature and primarily interested in maintaining a lazy and comfortable lifestyle for himself, marked by food, wine and various extramarital affairs. When the role of Bergen-Belsen shifted to that of a collection- and transit camp for evacuees from other camps and a "dying camp" for the sick and worn-out prisoners, the unambitious Haas was replaced by Kramer in late 1944.

He lived up to the expectations put in him, too:

Under Kramer, conditions for the prisoners worsened at once. He immediately put an end to the (relative) privileges of the 6,000 Jews held there as potential "exchange material" for Germans interned abroad, removed all Jewish prisoners from "prisoner functuary" positions and privileged work details, replaced many of them with the most brutal criminal inmates, cut food rations, increased the number and severity of punishments etc. etc.

His half-hearted attempts to intervene with Glücks to temporarily close the camp for further transports do nothing to change that and were hardly the result of a humanitarian attitude or concern over the well-being of his inmates.
    Bravo. Very well said and very informative post by one of our most productive and helpful members.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a story
    P
    Many

HPL2008, I appreciate the information you gave, there is now no doubt in my mind that Kramer was far from innocent in any respect.

In regards to the liberated inmates looting the SS uniform stores and dressing in what they took, I was considering earlier that photos of this would be interesting to see. I imagine none exist however.

Mat

On the topic of Kramer, I've since read he personally undertook the gassing of some prisoners while at Auschwitz- just to further confirm what has been said. I shall be visiting there this Friday, flying to Poland on Wednesday.

Also- I'm now hoping to research the soldier who acquired this Totenkopf, after finding out his name. If you think you can help, that would be greatly appreciated, as I don't know where to start. The thread is here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/histo...55/#post408491

Mat

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    If memory serves there were numerous photos of camp staff in the museum at Belsen, mind you that was back in the early 70s
    Certainly were on my last visit to Belsen about five years ago Dave , ironically i was with a Das Reich Waffen SS Veteran at the time , he didn't come in.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    HPL2008, I appreciate the information you gave, there is now no doubt in my mind that Kramer was far from innocent in any respect.

In regards to the liberated inmates looting the SS uniform stores and dressing in what they took, I was considering earlier that photos of this would be interesting to see. I imagine none exist however.

Mat
    Mat i'm glad you are now convinced that Kramer was far from innocent , just a bit of a surprise that it took so long for you to be convinced !! Nobody who ran a Camp was innocent in any way what so ever !!

A good book for you may be the " Camp Men " which i haven't read myself as i prefer to research the fighting men but i believe it contains info and photos on men like Kramer ,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Bravo. Very well said and very informative post by one of our most productive and helpful members.
    Can only concur with FB's sentiments , very informative as usual Andreas !!

1st July 1916

?

1st July 1916

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Mat i'm glad you are now convinced that Kramer was far from innocent , just a bit of a surprise that it took so long for you to be convinced !! Nobody who ran a Camp was innocent in any way what so ever !!

A good book for you may be the " Camp Men " which i haven't read myself as i prefer to research the fighting men but i believe it contains info and photos on men like Kramer ,

cheers

Paul
    To be fair, I was under this impression for only a few hours, and accepted it was not the case upon reading the actual facts. What I was initially reading made a seemingly convincing argument- of course, constructed from misinformation and omission of the truth as it turns out.

I will keep the title in mind for the near future, thanks for the link. I'm currently reading 'The Nazi Doctors: Medical killing and the psychology of genocide' -I felt it would be especially relevant now, with my visit to Auschwitz. I would also like to read Rudolf Hoess' book eventually, which Ade recommended.

Mat

Rudolf Hoess always claimed that he was badly beaten and tortured by his captors and forced to confess. He also disavowed the book... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Some heavy reading there mate !!! Hope you enjoy your visit ( if enjoy is the right word ) , Krakow is very nice !!

1st July 1916

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast