Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Skull

Article about: Good afternoon. I ask for your help. In the course of search works remains of the soldier of the Russian Imperial army were found. there was a purse, in it rubles and here such cockarde ask

you
    ?

Default Skull

Good evening. I ask for your help. In the course of search works remains of the soldier of the Russian Imperial army were found. There was a purse, in it rubles Nikolai 2,discharge counter the 109th infantry Volga regiment and here such cockarde ,metal silver,ask for your help to what period to carry? trophy? I apologize if posted not in that section
    SkullSkullSkull

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Skull
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Looks WWI or before to me, could you post a clearer photo of the back, what are the attachment points.

?

I know some Russian Imperial storm troops wore Brunswick style skull badges and shoulder boards. Revolutionary storm troops wore a different style of crossed sword skul like the Italian type. the badge you posted looks similar to a Prussian traditions skull. Perhaps it was a trophy. It certainly is worth doing more research on this topic.

SkullSkull

Skull

?

Also these badges were used as collar insignia of the elite regiments of the Russian Kornilov Army during the Civil War of 1918-1921.

Skull

you
    ?

I thank all participants.... There is a reverse side.
    As much as possible what turned out ...Fastenings were obliquely...
    I ask to forgive my English I transport through translate
    Skull

CBH
    ?

Can you light it better, can't make out whats above the eye socket , looks like a circular mounting point.

you
    ?

.... Skull

?

I found another thread with the identical skull but it does not offer much information. carlsson who is the authority on these matters as far as I'm concerned has never encountered one either. Maybe this will spark more interest in this strange variant and uncover something.

skull ss? Danzig Hussars death - pin bayonet or saber