Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!

Article about: Hello to everyone. This is the first forum I have joined. I have been researching these type if insignia for quite some time now, and in doing so the internet has shown a few Forums to get s

Default SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!

Hello to everyone. This is the first forum I have joined. I have been researching these type if insignia for quite some time now, and in doing so the internet has shown a few Forums to get some information regarding them. I can tell you that there in no Comparison to the knowledge of the Members of the Forum, It is an Honor to be here. I purchased my first Skull with the markings of the standard RZM and the SS in a circle some time ago. and at first I thought it to be original until my research deemed it to be fake. It is very heavy has the crisp lines and a great Plate. I then Purchased a pillow Sham That had come directly from a Vet. that brought it home. He has written his name and unit info on the reverse. There was one skull on the sham, while I was in the process of removing all of the insignia as they were being ruined as the staples used, were getting very rusty. I noticed on the Back of the skull it had the same markings as the first skull of this style that I had purchased. How then can it be fake, if it had come right from the Vet. That brought it home. That's when the real research had begun. I then purchased an Allgemeine Officers Cap. And after real close examination, I realized the skull on the Cap was also the same style. The insignia on the front of the cap had been pushed far to the right and after enjoying the cap for some time, the crooked insignia was driving me nuts. So in the process of moving the skull back where it belonged as it was so far over the pins was showing, the skull came off of the cap about an 1/8 of an inch. Just far enough for a very power full Loom and light to see. And once again the same markings of the SS in a circle with the standard RZM. How can this be? Sorry, I was not able to get a photo of the Markings as the skull did not come off far enough, as I was not going to remove the insignia. I then decided to look at the reverse of the Eagle and was able to move the crown very gently and I was able to get a photo of that, as It also has the very same markings as the skulls mentioned above. I would say that perhaps someone then might have put fake insignia on the Cap, But of course, That cannot be said now as I have an Original with these spurious markings. I have for days now read the different threads on this Forum and have really enjoyed reading the threads From EM ( I hope you are not angry that I used you name) He was able to prove Factually that Insignia were in fact made of Silver. Through research and Factual evidence. Lumsden, also in his book states that there were Insignia made of German silver. Also there are different types of skulls that were deemed fake until recently. In Lumdens Book he says, From 1936 the RZM code numbers were replaced by SS/Rzm contract numbers. So, then could there not have been a department of the SS, That had made them with no Contract numbers or perhaps a department made them for the SS with no Contract numbers needed? Over and Over again, I read that there were different types of insignia made. some types much more nicer than the standard type issued. I had read a Comment from another Member on this forum, that had commented on the exact marked insignia that someone had posted and he had said that these are deemed fake as there are no original to compare them to. Why would the SS put there mark in a circle on Uniforms, leather chinstraps, Mess tins, Belt Buckles, ETC. But to think they didn't on these skulls. why is that not Possible?. I know that you members have no reason to trust that the Sham is Authentic, I can assure you that I am very truth full. I have been Collecting for a few decades now and have no reason to lie. I have many of these questions rattleing in my head, these are just a few. Thank you in advance for you knowledge on this issue. I know that these Insignia have been commented on many times Previously, I hope that we can look at the prospect of these specimens may be original. One last thing, I have seen many of the insignia with these markings some are perfect in the welding of the pins and some are sloppy, Perhaps there are fakes of these type as well, if they are ever deemed original. And why go through the trouble of making the skulls out of this very hard Material, as I think they are Tombak, very hard materials to form, just to put fake markings on them? Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!
    P
    Many

SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look! More photos Coming

SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look! A couple more to go

?

Welcome to the forum. I will let others comment on the loose insignia but the cap is a reproduction. I base this opinion on the textiles and other materials used as well as the contruction methods and the tags found within.

Regards,

CMH

All the cloth eagles shown are copies and not very good ones at that I am sorry to say. The metal Heer cap eagles look original. Not sure on the panzer collar tabs, the skulls might be OK and are of the Heer type, but the tabs look bad IMHO. The two cufftitles look bad as well IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you for the reply. Can you please explain what is wrong with the Materials and the RZM Tag? Again thank you for any insight that you may Have. this cap cost me a small fortune.

Dear Mr. Kleindl thanks for your posts, we have lots of real material here, start with the "Allgemeine SS cap" sticky as a point of departure. All the SS material you have enclosed is fake.

SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!Real black SS officer's cap.

The cap you enclosed is a Baltic stinker, attributed to Latvian fakers who have churned these out for two decades and more. Sorry to tell you such unwelcome news.
    I have collected black SS caps for forty five years and have tried to learn a thing or two about them.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast