Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

ss cap skull

Article about: Had this on GD forum and WAAF,said skull original,is eagle good too and would it be correct for the skull?Any opinions appreciated,first post,just joined!

Cotton52
    ?

Default ss cap skull

Had this on GD forum and WAAF,said skull original,is eagle good too and would it be correct for the skull?Any opinions appreciated,first post,just joined!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss cap skull   ss cap skull  

ss cap skull   ss cap skull  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: ss cap skull

skull is a deschler piece and is original. eagle is the early first pattern political eagle used on sa ss caps to about 1935. eagle for this skull should be 1936 and later long wing ss eagle..but i have seen pics from 1935 with the full jaw skull having replaced the jawless skull. and still using the first pattern eagle..i hope your not confused..

Cotton52
    ?

Hey thanks I appreciate it!,so this eagle was still used on this skull cool!I have a later eagle but it is too late I think for this skull?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss cap skull   ss cap skull  

ss cap skull  

What was said above is correct, But this skull is one with round discs. The very early one's from about 1934 are mostly RZM 52 marked pieces. (like shown now)
    The eagle is a SS 155/42 from E.W Assmann & Sohne, relatively common. But A very nice one I must say.

Cotton52
    ?

Thanks Carlsson,Nice skull and eagle,I see the difference.

You're welcome. The RZM 52 skull is very hard too find, what makes it very expensive. The Deschler with round discs is more common.

Cotton52
    ?

Wow,Nice skulls!