Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS cap skull bought in 1967

Article about: This series of threads in the "scull" section contains many fakes, whereby we can try to assign a date to them, as best we can. I have some ideas, but the others here who really ar

Default SS cap skull bought in 1967

Greetings everyone, I have a few things of my dad's that he purchased in 1967 from a military emporium in Islington , London.
    He has a helmet and eagle patch which I discovered through this forum were fake! I just wondered if your expertise could help me with a few more items..
    Here is the cap skull with the prongs missing.
    Are any of these items worth anything?
    Thanks for all your help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap skull bought in 1967   SS cap skull bought in 1967  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS cap skull bought in 1967
    P
    Many

In my opinion also fake

Agreed it is a fake.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

original for a ss in Caracass in 1967...

SS insignia was being faked in 1967, of that you can be sure.

FB, I would like to make a thread about the first German copy...can you help me with your lot of pics and docs ?

Dear Sir, I will gladly help you, but I am not sure exactly what you want. Are you saying that you want examples of the first reproductions of cap insignia?

I do not really focus on fakes in my own archive, but I will see what I can find for you....

Bob Hritz is my expert, but he does not really much post here any longer. He has the best collection of these that I am aware, although I am sure there are others, and he has been collecting longer than have I.

Thanks Fb, in all German stuff ... I make a thread on the discussion forum about this, if you have a idea...

I know this typical fake, and It is a 60s fake seen a lot on fake black caps. It's a well made copy from a Assmann design, only the sutures are a dead giveaway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast