Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS cap skull, and related items

Article about: thanks guys for the info, good lesson learned. we live and learn. what do we figure on these collar tabs?

?

Default SS cap skull, and related items

Hi, i am john new here, and kind of new to collecting, would like some honest oppions on a few items i have, and if i have been reading and studying the right stuff for collecting. i have read a lot of post on here so far, and the knowledge in this form is impressive, and well put together. my cap skull just has a rzm mark and a number 41 inside it, from what i have read it should have a (M) than the number am i corect in this thinking or did these get marked with just a plane number? here are some pics of my items i would like to show and get feed back on. thank you in advance for any help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap skull, and related items   SS cap skull, and related items  

SS cap skull, and related items   SS cap skull, and related items  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS cap skull, and related items
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS cap skull, and related items

I would say that the scull is obvious fake and the eagle is modern Pakistanian copy
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi John, welcome to the forum!

Sorry, I must say I would agree with Dimas on both items.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi John, welcome to the forum!

Sorry, I must say I would agree with Dimas on both items.

Cheers, Ade.
    The cap badge is a 1960s stinker. It is a knock off of an Assmann skull and was found frequently in fake caps of the era. On another website, a collector has recently bought an authentic cap with the self same badge on it, as well. These were everywhere when I started to collect as a pup.

SS cap insignia are a real mine field, made no better by the social forces associated with these things. One either has to have much luck and even more time, or a great deal of money and great skill. There is little prospect of finding such things on the cheap and with little heartache.

Here is an authentic badge...
    Attached Images Attached Images SS cap skull, and related items 

another
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap skull, and related items  

a third...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap skull, and related items   SS cap skull, and related items  

a fourth and fifth and basta.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS cap skull, and related items  SS cap skull, and related items 

That fourth one is quite interesting. It appears to be the unmarked skull which is generally [and incorrectly in my opinin] attributed to Deschler. I don't believe that I have ever seen one still on a period cap, as this one is. Would it be possible to get a higher resolution image of that particular TK?

Thanks,
    Brad

I am afraid that this image you seek is all fate has left me. I secured the picture some while ago, at a time when Shea frequently had black enlisted caps. Sorry to disappoint you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast