MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Eyes Closed Skull - opinions needed.

Article about: Hi there, Firstly, I apologise for the quality of the photos - this is out of my control and if it were up to me, they would be in abundance and higher resolution. I’ll try my best to get

Default SS Eyes Closed Skull - opinions needed.

Hi there,

Firstly, I apologise for the quality of the photos - this is out of my control and if it were up to me, they would be in abundance and higher resolution. I’ll try my best to get more, but perhaps these will suffice to at-least ascertain the possibility of being reproduction, post-war rubbish.

This is an unmarked, unknown manufacturer. De-schler type pins for attachment I believe. Closed eyes variation.

If opinions are leading towards the possibility of authentic, I’ll try my best to get better photos.

I apologise in advance for any ignorance, best wishes of health to you all.
    Regards, Scotty.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Eyes Closed Skull - opinions needed.   SS Eyes Closed Skull - opinions needed.  

SS Eyes Closed Skull - opinions needed.   SS Eyes Closed Skull - opinions needed.  

Last edited by scotland99; 04-21-2020 at 04:05 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Eyes Closed Skull - opinions needed.
    P
    Many

?

Hello Scotty, my first thought was that it's not a good one based on what I see from these photo's but maybe it stands a chance with better pics.
    Sid has posted some original examples of this closed eye variety on previous threads. I'm sure he can provide more insight than I can. Wait for more opinions.
    here are a few examples as well as one I found on a website for comparison.

Good luck, Al

Credit: SMG War Relics
    SS Eyes Closed Skull - opinions needed.SS Eyes Closed Skull - opinions needed.

Credit: carlsson1982

The teeth dont look straight like the "unmarked deschler type" skull. IMO its a copy of a deschler with the markings left off. Vince

Hi there Aldo,

I will try to get more photos and await Sid’s opinion. I used Andrew Reznikk’s book to help compare - the closed eye variation with horizontal pins appears. Please see a photo attached.

Regards, Scotty.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Eyes Closed Skull - opinions needed.  

Quote by Vincent View Post
    The teeth dont look straight like the "unmarked deschler type" skull. IMO its a copy of a deschler with the markings left off. Vince
    Yes, the teeth are a cause for concern. I agree with you. Hopefully more photos will be of assistance, however, they do look to have inconsistent lengths.

Regards, Scotty.

Hi there Al,

I have added some better resolution photos. What do you think?

IMO, lacking a lot of detail, (especially in the teeth area), compared to the other examples posted.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree Ralph, perhaps wishful thinking at this stage. The condition doesn’t allow for detail, so perhaps a lost cause with this one.

Thanks for your opinion, Scotty.

I also don't really see any sutures on the skull either.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes I agree Ralph, I won’t entertain this skull any longer. Opinions still welcomed, but I won’t be purchasing.

Many thanks to those who gave their thoughts, Scotty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast