Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS field cap original?

Article about: Hi, is this cup original or fake? Sorry for bad foto, i have not better fotos. Thank you.

?

Default SS field cap original?

Hi,
    is this cap original or fake? Sorry for bad foto, i have not better fotos. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS field cap original?   SS field cap original?  

SS field cap original?   SS field cap original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS field cap original?
    P
    Many

Hello Nejoo. I don't like the eagle/adler, the grommets look incorrect and I cannot remember seeing an original M43 marked with the sig runes on the interior? IMO reproduction. Best regards.

Brian

Definitely reproduction ; fake insignia , incorrect markings ..

CBH
    ?

The terrible stitching is enough of a tell, a poor attempt.

Here, again, for the whateverth time are real insignia. Look at them closely.SS field cap original?SS field cap original?SS field cap original?SS field cap original?SS field cap original?SS field cap original?SS field cap original?SS field cap original?SS field cap original?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-31-2018 at 03:56 PM.

?

F.B.Your unrelenting efforts to educate us do not fall on deaf ears. Some of us like myself do not have the visual acuity to differentiate between these infernal skulls. That is why I do not collect them as much as I'd like to. I'll stick to the more mundane eagles and swastikas. Thank you for sharing all those wonderful images nonetheless.
    Cheers, Al

Thanks. I am a total scold. I am a hectoring old man, but the flood of junk galls me.
    The black and white image there are my belt, cap, and cap ca. 1972 or 1973. Around then.
    I sold them off early in the big parade.

Thanks for the kind words. Education is actually very difficult and not all who feel the calling are any good at it.
    I have save a lot of pictures for this purpose. I do not collect loose insignia at all. Far from it.
    I collect loose black SS peaked caps, which has become rather impractical.SS field cap original?SS field cap original?

I have also never seen a field cap with the SS BW stamp. I also owned the last gasp Panzer black cap from the Dachau warehouses and, if I recall, they just had a size stamp.
    I got that one in the summer of 1971.....

?

Thank you.

Quote by Neejoo View Post
    Thank you.
    Thanks for the thanks. A cap of this type is quite rare and very expensive.

Better luck next time.