Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ss hat pins....real or fake???

Article about: I am considering purchasing these SS hat pins. I was wondering if anyone can verify their authenticity... REAL OR FAKE???

Default Ss hat pins....real or fake???

I am considering purchasing these SS hat pins. I was wondering if anyone can verify their authenticity... REAL OR FAKE???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss hat pins....real or fake???   Ss hat pins....real or fake???  

Ss hat pins....real or fake???   Ss hat pins....real or fake???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss hat pins....real or fake???
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am not an SS insignia expert but, if those are fakes, they would fool a lot of people.
    I don't see any red flags, and the hardware appears to be what I would expect to see from the different makers, and variants.

Also, please and thank you go a long way around here.

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hello, regarding the skulls # 1 skull looks like a convincing Deschler but may be a cast replica based on the large nasal cavity and other things. Better closeups pictures needed. set #2 and set #4 are fake. #3 looks like the so called "Mustache" fake. By all means wait for more opinions from the true experts, this is just my opinion. Others with more knowledge will surely comment.

Good luck

All fakes

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    All fakes
    There you go!
    Shows how little I know. I should stick to awards.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

even the nice M1/52 with 1 broken pin looks nicely made, but still cast

?

Thanks Sid, I was convinced the other three were fake but the first one does have nice look to it.

Yes, it would fool many people when on a cap.

Thank you all for the input. I very much appreciate it. I have tried to educate myself by looking at as many pictures as i could, but its still tough for me to distinguish some of the bad from good. The gentleman who owns these says that these were things that his father brought home from the war and he was looking to sell them for $400 U.S. per set. One of those sets of pins were actually in a small paper envelope with German writing on it. He also had quite a few etched blade bayonets as well as iron crosses, banners, dishes, daggers and quite a few other ss pins. I do appreciate the opinions and was really hoping that these were going to be good.
    Thank you all again
    Terry

?

Terry, always buy the item not the story. The back stories people provide on militaria are meaningless unless backed up by solid provenance. Unscrupulous sellers do it all the time. BTW, etched blade bayonets are also fantasy items. They are generally period bayonets that have been doctored up with etching to appeal to novice collectors.

Good luck, Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast