Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS metal skull

Article about: [ATTACH=CONFIG]1179196[/ATTACH Received this badge as a gift, and was told it was an early SS cap badge, I believe what’s called a Danziger skull. Any thoughts as to if it’s fake or genuine?

Default SS metal skull

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1179196[/ATTACH

SS metal skull

Received this badge as a gift, and was told it was an early SS cap badge, I believe what’s called a Danziger skull. Any thoughts as to if it’s fake or genuine? A layer of fine sand is clearly visible, so possibly ground dug? I appreciate any info, I don’t know anything about SS artifacts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS metal skull  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS metal skull
    P
    Many

Yet another of the "Mark Brandenburg" hoard, i.e. die Berliner Baustelle marvel.

I have to write here that I am chary of this model of badge of the Danziger.

The Danziger in its 19th century variant came in many models, maybe five or six in kind, and the presence of sand indicates the presence of sand and not much more.

Berlin and its environs are sandy, as is well known.SS metal skull

Danziger as an SS badge.SS metal skull

This is why it is called Danziger, because of the Hussaren and its famous chief of regiment and so forth.SS metal skullSS metal skullSS metal skullSS metal skull

I include five examples above.

Here is the Lumsden image, which includes much of the range of types.SS metal skull

Lumsden was an early adherent of the maerkische Sand type, a place where I am disinclined to go granted the endless number of these in the last ten years.
    But that's me.

Thank you for the additional information. Your SS caps are stunning, that’s a world-class collection!

Quote by Airdale View Post
    Thank you for the additional information. Your SS caps are stunning, that’s a world-class collection!
    Thank you. I have specialized in the peaked caps with your badge, as it were. SS metal skullSS metal skullSS metal skullSS metal skullSS metal skullSS metal skullSS metal skull

?

Would this be another example of the skull discussed in this thread ? I came across it on a website for a reasonable price but was not convinced of it's authenticity because of it's apparent grainy texture.

SS metal skullSS metal skull

SS metal skullSS metal skull

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast