Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS/panzer ? Skull

Article about: Hi , I've seen this skull advertised for sale on a relics site , the ad states that it was ground dug in the halbe forest Berlin and its described as an SS cap skull, I've had a look on the

Agreed entirely - here's the one I have myself ;
    Attached Images Attached Images SS/panzer ? Skull  SS/panzer ? Skull 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS/panzer ? Skull
    P
    Many

And here are known reproductions , one after aging . I would be very careful with this one ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS/panzer ? Skull   SS/panzer ? Skull  

Yes It is the same one, definately fake.

Also notice how these reproductions do not have a >> nose opening - a feature I have never seen on any original , but only on this fake .. !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS/panzer ? Skull   SS/panzer ? Skull  

Aha. I was so tired that I did not see these flaws noted by my expert Totenschaedel colleagues.

As I wrote, I do not buy these loose and I do not remove them from caps...!!

Thanks to the others for their skill.

Would anyone happen to know the spacing between the prongs of one of these, right off the back of the emblem?

I picked up a holster with two holes, with quite close spacing, and I'm thinking it might have been from a GI added Totenkopf emblem, which looks like it was on for a long time, but unfortunately gone by the time I got it.

It's one of those things where it should have never been there in the first place, and was probably removed in an effect to clean it up and make it more "original". At this point in time, having an emblem back in it would almost seem more "original"...

Not that I would buy one of these and put it on, but I'd like to try to figure out what was on there. The spacing is exactly 20mm and I can swear I can see the outline a jaw in the pebbled finish in just about the right place. The holster was 1944 Polizei issue, so the hat insignia - if that's what it - was may have well come from the same wearer (SS Polizei?) in the form of a trophy.

Prongs left round holes (like a vampire bite...;-), looks like the right one was folded over the left, didn't touch the leather much.

SS/panzer ? Skull

SS/panzer ? Skull

Thanks guys , I will leave this one well alone and look for another, thanks for all the advice and of course saving me from being burned!

SS/panzer ? SkullSS/panzer ? SkullAnother fake?

This one is right.

This one is original? It's on a site that I got a late war unmarked steel SS buckle from , but there are also many fakes on this site , is this a safe skull to buy?

Cheers John

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast