Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SS RZM M1/52 Totenkopf, Deschler & Sohn

Article about: This one just popped up on ebay, which immediately sends up a red flag, but it looks pretty good to my novice eyes. That being said, I am a novice so there's no way in Hell I'm making a move

than the left hook, which is a little below normal everything looks correct
    if not sure ,you say name of the seller on ebay for those who do not hesitate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Thanks for the input everyone, this is all good news. Despite what I said yesterday about not making any moves until I had some more opinions, I ended up buying this guy late last night. So I'm pretty glad to hear the good news. Thanks everyone, I'll post some of my own pics when it arrives.

looks ok.

Sweet! Hope you got a good deal Todd.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Could be a Novak scam?
    An unfortunate, but also true possibility, as there are those who hijack all our nice images and use them to evil ends. I would be pretty careful.
    And I do not want this bauble for myself. I have enough already.
    damit, basta.

?

Guys, one quick preliminary way to check for a Pawel Novak-type scam is to do a reverse Google image search for the picture(s). It's quick and often exposes scams. Please feel free to ask me how if you don't know.

It seems a scam like that would be hard to do through ebay. In the case of seller fraud, the company will refund the buyer's payment. I spoke to the seller on the phone earlier; he seemed genuine, but I guess I won't really know for sure till the totenkopf is in my hand

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grey SS cap.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	738307Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bob clark wss x 2.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	146.4 KB 
ID:	738302Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dscn1140.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	250.0 KB 
ID:	738303Name:  HG-38b.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  57.0 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	your grey SS cap.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	738305
    Quote by ToddMalnar View Post
    It seems a scam like that would be hard to do through ebay. In the case of seller fraud, the company will refund the buyer's payment. I spoke to the seller on the phone earlier; he seemed genuine, but I guess I won't really know for sure till the totenkopf is in my hand
    Sorry to cast doubt. For high end SS things, you do best to deal with people who have a more or less solid reputation.
    Again, I do not want your badge at all. I have mine....see:

- - ------- - -

I have, however, watched all manner of treachery, as in this case.

Fraud with black caps, a laugh a minute.
    damit, basta.

?

Quote by ToddMalnar View Post
    You're right in that there is generally very little risk in buying off of eBay. They will usually force the seller to refund your money if you're not satisfied. That doesn't mean that scams aren't attempted, of course.

The seller's eBay name is brokenswordantiques. They gentleman I spoke to on the phone sounded pretty damn American to me. Do these type of scams usually happen from areas of the former Soviet Block? And yes, Friedrich-Berthold, I know you don't want this, you've got enough already. Maybe should return some of those beautiful caps to the wild...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast