Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS skull

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Correct, "155" is the VA SS code for Assmann as found on various piece of SS gew gaws, to include buttons and such. However, the Assmann made Totenschaedel ha

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Correct, "155" is the VA SS code for Assmann as found on various piece of SS gew gaws, to include buttons and such. However, the Assmann made Totenschaedel has "Ges. Gesch." as a marking, only, does it not?
    It does indeed, the 155 codes comes also in the SS metall eagles as does the M1/17 code.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS skull
    P
    Many

Thanks FB and CarlSSon for the additional information on VA Assman Codes

Quote by octavian View Post
    Thanks FB and CarlSSon for the additional information on VA Assman Codes
    I guess it is all rather complicated. In the epoch 1934 onwards, the Verwaltungsamt SS had its contracts parallel and or in tandem with the RZM, arising from the fact that, as the SS grew in size and complexity, it also derived its resources from other branches of the Nazi state, i.e. the interior ministry and the war ministry, for instance. That is, different budgets. Part of the SS remained within the frame of the NSDAP with its budget, financial controls, etc. whence the RZM; and part of it became the proverbial state within a state, in particular the armed para military formations.

If you read the excellent accounts in German about Oswald Pohl and the SS economics empire, all of this comes out in very great detail.

The 'scull' savants, especially on the ding dong site, won't tell you any of this, because they have no idea what any of the above even means. SS skullSS skullSS skullSS skullSS skullSS skull
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-24-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Illustrated here ; the firm of Zimmermann had some eagles made to fulfill their RZM- and " direct " SS 1942 contract simultaneously ..
    Attached Images Attached Images SS skull 

The firm of Deschler , so very well known for their M1/52 RZM code , recieved their own SS contract as well ( just skulls ) - resulting in the marking 254/42 .
    These were made in Cupal only ( ! ) , like the 499/42 eagles , and both are very hard to find .
    I still wonder what could have caused such a very LATE demand for Cupal insignia ( zinc would be the norm in 1942 ! ) , so perhaps a special order for black visors in the Germanic SS .. ?
    Attached Images Attached Images SS skull 
    Last edited by Winkelman; 02-25-2014 at 03:44 AM.

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    Illustrated here ; the firm of Zimmermann had some eagles made to fulfill their RZM- and " direct " SS 1942 contract simultaneously ..

thanks.

the 254/42 is a very desirable object, It is in fact the only one I've never owned.
    Last edited by carlsson1982; 02-25-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    the 254/42 is a very desirable obkect, It is in fact the only one I've never owned.
    In which case , please allow me the personal vanity of presenting here ;

A picture showing for the first time ever together
    both of the Deschler 254/42 variations for the direct SS contract = with straight soldered pins + with disc feet .

Considering the extreme rarity of this particular type , I do not think such a picture has been made or published before .

But - at the risk of being branded a " Skull savant " , I would like to mention that none of my skulls were ever harmed in the process , by being removed from a visor .. !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS skull  
    Last edited by Winkelman; 02-25-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    In which case , please allow me the personal vanity of presenting here ;

A picture showing for the first time ever together

BOTH of the Deschler 254/42 variations for the direct SS contract = with straight soldered pins + with disc feet .. !

Considering the extreme rarity of this particular type , I do not think a similar picture has ever been made or published before .

But - at the risk of being branded a " Skull savant " , I would like to mention that none of my skulls were ever harmed in the process , by being removed from a visor .. !
    Thank you. You are not a "scull savant" at all. We expelled them, and made a place for you. Thanks and please share more or your things and we thank you for the nice intervention.

The obverse of both of these late Cupal 254/42 Deschlers -
    how pleasantly obvious it must be by now ,
    to recognize original Deschler skulls ,
    be it marked either way -
    for those who have once taken the effort to study .. ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS skull  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast