Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS skull M1/52

Article about: Deschler skull has three holes, believe to be original but not sure? Thanks,ado

ado
    ?

Default SS skull M1/52

Deschler skull has three holes, believe to be original but not sure?

Thanks,ado
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS skull M1/52   SS skull M1/52  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS skull M1/52
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS skull M1/52

Well the three holes are not original to the item. Pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Sorry Ade, that's an original cupal Deschler with broken prongs and 3 holes drilled through it. Not that unusual.

If you meant pass because of the holes, I understand completely but we shouldn't dismiss these bits of regalia because of it. After all, the prongs did not last long no doubt especially in combat conditions and were then sewn on.

In other words, removed from a combat cap or part of a GI photo album? Who knows but all the collectors who snap up the good hat insignia for mega money only to place them in a photo frame are completely missing the point IMO. They mean nothing on their own, they were meant to be attached to a cap.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Sorry Ade, that's an original cupal Deschler with broken prongs and 3 holes drilled through it. Not that unusual.

If you meant pass because of the holes, I understand completely but we shouldn't dismiss these bits of regalia because of it. After all, the prongs did not last long no doubt especially in combat conditions and were then sewn on.

In other words, removed from a combat cap or part of a GI photo album? Who knows but all the collectors who snap up the good hat insignia for mega money only to place them in a photo frame are completely missing the point IMO. They mean nothing on their own, they were meant to be attached to a cap.
    I agree completley with the above. Nice looking skull. For those who are collecting
    every different marking on these, you have a bit rarer "long slash" between M1/52.
    Here is the brother.
    SS skull M1/52

Hi Guys, I know it's original, but the holes really do spoil it for me. But each to his own when it comes to collecting. Now if it is cheap, that might make me change my mind

Cheers, Ade.

Obvious Original.

ado
    ?

thanks
    Last edited by ado; 03-09-2011 at 06:35 PM.

?

Hey guys, this Totenkopf was listed on ebay originally, as I am sure you all know. It never sold after being listed 3 times,with price drops each listing. I personally like the fact it was sewn to a hat. You know it has "been there". I like collecting the combat used items. I ended up purchasing this from the owner privately, away from ebay. I must say, it is a rather nice piece,imo! I am proud to have it in my collection!