Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this SS skull original

Article about: by Winkelman So authentic wartime made , yes - but unfortunately of little interest to collectors . It interests me.

Default Is this SS skull original

Hello,
    Just wonder if this piece is original, the seller is Finish or Belgium made, late war. I'd like to know whether is authentic or not
    Thank you
    CR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this SS skull original   Is this SS skull original  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this SS skull original
    P
    Many

sorry what I meant is that the seller said it was Finish, Belgium or Dutch, late war. I'd appreciate your comments and opinions.

Quote by carlosrubio View Post
    sorry what I meant is that the seller said it was Finish, Belgium or Dutch, late war. I'd appreciate your comments and opinions.
    This would be the usual excuse from an amateur seller if they do not know what something is , but in this case the description is actually half correct .

It is the very last war production from the GERMAN firm of Assmann , of low quality , and many were found in unissued stocks postwar .
    Misstrikes like these are not uncommon , it seems they were in a hurry at the time ..

So authentic wartime made , yes - but unfortunately of little interest to collectors .

Note that neither Finland or the Netherlands ever produced their own skull insignia , only Belgium did on a limited scale .

The one from Belgium ( Indian Caps Co. - Antwerp ) ,
    also authentic and not really attractive ..
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this SS skull original  Is this SS skull original 

?

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    So authentic wartime made , yes - but unfortunately of little interest to collectors .
    It interests me.

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    This would be the usual excuse from an amateur seller if they do not know what something is , but in this case the description is actually half correct .

It is the very last war production from the GERMAN firm of Assmann , of low quality , and many were found in unissued stocks postwar .
    Misstrikes like these are not uncommon , it seems they were in a hurry at the time ..

Note that neither Finland or the Netherlands ever produced their own skull insignia , only Belgium did on a limited scale .

Thanks for yet another of your fine essays to the benefit of all. Hurra!

CBH
    ?

In the world of Totenkopf's I feel beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some of these examples may not have the beautiful bone structure or symmetry of earlier examples. However in the ever growing sea of fakes these are original and that has a beauty all itself. Something the advanced collector should remember is we all don't have the same financial resources as they do, sure we would all love the mint untouched example, but simply can't afford them.
    And if relic hunting has taught us anything, it's that TR items are valuable no matter what the condition. Please remember the limitations faced by others in this hobby when making comments. I'm sure all these less desirable TK will only increase in value with limited supply and growing demand.

Of all topics on the forum, this has to be the most asked question. It seems as though there is at least one daily.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Default Is this SS Skull an original piece or not?

Hello,
    I bought this from a guy in London who says this piece is Finish, Belgium or Dutch, this may be difficult to say but I also would like to know if this is early or late war manufacture. I haven't seen too many skulls with three prongs, what does that mean?
    Thank you
    CR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this SS skull original   Is this SS skull original  

Please read post #3 in your other thread.
    Is this SS skull original
    An answer has already been given.

I will delete this thread in the near future.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast