MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Skull, real or fake?

Article about: I think I posted this in the wrong area before, so I'm trying again. Can anyone tell by looking, is this real or fake? I got this around 20 years ago, when an uncle passed away, I would have

Default Re: SS Skull, real or fake?

SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?or this variant.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Skull, real or fake?
    P
    Many

SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?or this one.....

SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?Perhaps through this line of activity we can arouse more interest in the more arcane Hussarentotenkopf.

That is, an object without "M1" on its reverse.

Here's another for you Friedrich. I'm convinced it's a bad fake, though with these first patterns I've been suprised a couple of times by apparently genuine examples of types I've never seen. It's just the lack of detail here that is the concern, I do recall a skull of this general form though. Let me know what you think.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Skull, real or fake?   SS Skull, real or fake?  

SS Skull, real or fake?  

SS Skull, real or fake?The above is based on an actual prototype, so enclosed. However, what you show us is plainly junk.

I wholeheartly agree with FB. This type of prong would not be found on a skull of this type and age.

Cheers, Ade.

I thought so... having said that, if I came across the original example you posted Freidrich, I'd still probably have assumed it was bad. Such tricky things.

I think this is probably a waste of time even asking, but I feel I must. This Zimmermann skull (I'm considering fake by default now) is being sold by the same guy, this one actually caught my eye first, and I think it looks pretty convincing detail-wise. The only thing that raised suspicion with me is the form on the prong attachments on the back, I know they're usually circular but these ones look different still. Can you elaborate as to how to tell this one is fake? I know it's not on topic with this thread as such, but I felt it would be silly to start a new one on it. I've compared it to original examples already and it matches up well to me, worryingly...

P.S. Sorry for the seller's atrocious photos.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Skull, real or fake?   SS Skull, real or fake?  

SS Skull, real or fake?   SS Skull, real or fake?  

SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?SS Skull, real or fake?total and complete junk, and I am shocked that I am commenting on prongs in a "scull" thread.

SS Skull, real or fake?A real Zimmermann in situ.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast