Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS skull RZM M1/52 and Eagle

Article about: Hi all, I’m posting some of the things I currently bought from a collector. One of which is this visor skull, marked rzm m1/52 and a visor eagle. I can barely make out the rzm logo, just und

Default SS skull RZM M1/52 and Eagle

Hi all,

I’m posting some of the things I currently bought from a collector. One of which is this visor skull, marked rzm m1/52 and a visor eagle. I can barely make out the rzm logo, just under the right pin on wing. Just wanted to get opinions from some of the members here. Fake or original?

Thanks in advance,
    Thomas

P.S.
    Sorry the pictures are sideways. Can’t figure out how to get them right side up.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS skull RZM M1/52 and Eagle   SS skull RZM M1/52 and Eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS skull RZM M1/52 and Eagle
    P
    Many

You want badges that look like this, not yours, which I am sad to write are fake. I would get your money back.SS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and Eagle

- - ------- - -

One of these caps is not mine, I cadged a picture from another member.

Thanks also for putting the items on a wooden background, versus dirty, sweaty hands.

Gotcha. What should I look for on the backside? I thought the skull would be original. I definitely had my doubts about the eagle.

Some other images.SS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and Eagle

Flipped them & enlarged for you even though they are deemed fake. Might help you or someone else in the future
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS skull RZM M1/52 and Eagle   SS skull RZM M1/52 and Eagle  

Quote by athomas View Post
    Gotcha. What should I look for on the backside? I thought the skull would be original. I definitely had my doubts about the eagle.
    We have endless pictures of these. Please look at the threads. The reverse of the Deschler badge is a cosmos of confusion.

The badges in post numero 1 have a very cheapo finish, that screams they are not eighty years old, and the worksmanship is way below what the Deschler artisans did,
    especially with the badges for the black cap. You can see mine. I do not pry them off to show the backs.

Go to John Telesmanich's War Booty Website, and he has a dictionary of reverse badges in very nice images.

We also have a dictionary here, but you have to work at it.

Deschler.SS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and Eagle

- - ------- - -

The loose insignia are mine, the caps with insignia are....

The markings on the Deschler badge evolved, and the M1 designation took hold in early 1935.

The badge was or was not introduced in 1933 in prototype and then in force ca. whenever in 1934.

The badge was in alu for the grey cap, ca. 1936. The neusilber finish badge was intended for the black cap, but....SS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and EagleSS skull RZM M1/52 and Eagle

PS Here is my loose Deschler courtesy of one our fine members.

I will not write about the splints, because I am seized by nausea when I do so, since in twenty years I have read so many posts on "prongs" as to wretch.

The member here gets full credit for sparing us the sight of dirty hands. We had one example recently that I did not save, but it was surely the worst in five years.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast