Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Skull- is it worth it??

Article about: All, So I’ve been educating myself more on the SS visor skulls (thanks to the help of the fine people here) and trying to decide on the best skull for the money. I came across this skull lis

Default SS Skull- is it worth it??

All,

So I’ve been educating myself more on the SS visor skulls (thanks to the help of the fine people here) and trying to decide on the best skull for the money. I came across two different skulls listed by two different collectors online.

The first skull is at $580. The second is listed for $750. Both are Zimmerman made. Now what concerns me is the condition. They are both in rough,worn shape. But, they also both have the prongs intact.

So, Fellow collectors with more experience- is it worth it?

Thanks,
    Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Skull- is it worth it??   SS Skull- is it worth it??  

SS Skull- is it worth it??   SS Skull- is it worth it??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Skull- is it worth it??
    P
    Many

Let me say this: there is a kind of collector who wants an item with a great deal of age.
    Of the two, the bottom one looks better, because the top one appears to have been painted.
    I do not collect things found in the ground, but they do have their place.
    The key is that it is original.
    The prices for these are absurdly inflated, and there is a claque of on line maniacs who then celebrate the fact like speculators in the bourse and so on.
    I want these, myself, to restore caps, and for no other reason.
    The demand for these items is limitless. They are the most hysterically collected item, and they also attract a circle that misbehaves at huge cost to
    innocent people.
    All of this is to say that the price of these items is very subjective, and, ultimately, you should buy an item that is authentic and in suitable condition.

This one was worn in battle, but was taken as a souvenir in 1945 and well preserved. I was very lucky to get it and it did not break the bank, either.SS Skull- is it worth it??SS Skull- is it worth it??

- - ------- - -

...but such a thing does not come along every day.

Very nice skull you have there.. I see what you mean about the paint on the first skull I listed. I believe I will pass on it. I will just go with the 2nd one.

You mentioned you restore caps.. Do you sell these once you have restored them?

As we keep saying valuation is not really what we do here though you did not strictly ask for a valuation.

Do some research and you will see that these prices are ridiculously high as FB suggested.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

CBH
    ?

I wouldn't pay 750 for a ground dug Tk, when you can still find a clean one for around 1000.

Quote by athomas View Post
    Very nice skull you have there.. I see what you mean about the paint on the first skull I listed. I believe I will pass on it. I will just go with the 2nd one.

You mentioned you restore caps.. Do you sell these once you have restored them?
    Sir, by restore, I meant solely and only that, if a cap has the wrong badge or no badge, then I aspire to get the right badge. I.e. a badge of the time
    and type as would have been worn in the evolution of the SS and its caps....no more.

I barely can type, let alone perform the many skills of a cap maker. I know cap makers, who are fellow teachers, and very fine persons,
    but I can only gaze at a trashed cap with sadness.

Quote by CBH View Post
    I wouldn't pay 750 for a ground dug Tk, when you can still find a clean one for around 1000.
    Well, yes, that is a sound idea, I think.

But I want an item that essentially fits a cap, and the fossil thingies don't appeal to my needs. There are others who are very seized
    of the relic freed from the bog narrative, and, I guess, that is a compelling thing.

When it comes to SS cap badges, I rely on Telesmanich. He is not cheap, but he is very accurate and honest with his things. I endorse him.

SS cap badges, cannot live without them, cannot live with them, cannot live at all....SS Skull- is it worth it??SS Skull- is it worth it??SS Skull- is it worth it??SS Skull- is it worth it??SS Skull- is it worth it??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast