Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?

Article about: Hello everyone, I am thinking of placing a bid on the ss totenkopf. I've been doing some research on the forum and I've noticed that whenever some ss militaria is being sold, 95% of the time

Default ss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?

Hello everyone, I am thinking of placing a bid on the ss totenkopf. I've been doing some research on the forum and I've noticed that whenever some ss militaria is being sold, 95% of the time it turns out to be a fake. Unfortunately I have 0 fake detection skills so hopefully you guys can help me out. Thanks in advance, regards, Dionss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?ss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?ss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?ss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?ss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?ss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?ss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Hello, although the pictures need to be better and closeup for detail, I will say that it is authentic. However it looks exactly like one I have seen listed on European website so I find it odd that it's up for auction elsewhere. I would make sure the auction is legit before venturing further. I'll pm you the information.

Regards Al.

Here is the same skull I believe:

RMD
    ?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Hello, although the pictures need to be better and closeup for detail, I will say that it is authentic. However it looks exactly like one I have seen listed on European website so I find it odd that it's up for auction elsewhere. I would make sure the auction is legit before venturing further. I'll pm you the information.

Regards Al.

.... I would take Aldo's advice concerning these types of pieces to heart. He has an absolutely amazing collection of SS totenkopf peices.

Thanks for the info Al, you make a good point considering the fact that the skulls seem almost identical. I believe that catawiki is a legit auction site but every auction has it's flaws. What would you guys do take the risk, depending on the price, or wait for a more certain/secure option, regards, Dion

?

Dion, I just checked the auction, it looks legit, same owner selling it. you can contact them and ask if you are not 100% convinced . Good Luck, Al

I had this one in hand and is slightly "squashed". I think It's good to know this before buying.
    Last edited by carlsson1982; 05-27-2019 at 05:47 PM.

?

Emm...can someone please go into detail....I am looking both backside images side by side in paint, and they seem identical......

Am I...?

Quote by Leaf6 View Post
    Emm...can someone please go into detail....I am looking both backside images side by side in paint, and they seem identical......
    I believe that is the general consensus.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

It's funny as I was perusing a TK reference book I came across our old friend again. The skull in the opening post is listed in the fake skull section in error, although I can't read the text as it is in Russian. It's amazing what a small circle these skulls travel in.

ss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?ss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?

Credit: Giel's
    ss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?ss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss totenkopf visor cap for auction, are the original or fake?  
    Last edited by Aldo; 02-04-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Quote by Aldo View Post
    It's funny as iI was perusing a TK reference book I came across our old friend again. The skull in the opening post is listed in the fake skull section in error, although I can't read the text as it is in Russian. It's amazing what a small circle these skulls travel in.

Credit: Giel's
    Hello.
    By the way the language is not russian, it's ukrainian, but it's very similar to russian. It says that marking "52" can be found on original skulls.
    Regards,
    Peter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast