MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Visor cap Skull

Article about: by mower FB, are these skulls for visors only or would they appear on Pz wrap collar tabs? Thank you, M The collar tab insignia of the Panzerwaffe was generally much smaller than the cap bad

?

Default Re: SS Visor cap Skull

the well spoken and very knowledgeable Friedrich-Berthold has answered your question. It is not necessarily an SS item rather it is an army traditions badge. That type of "scull" might have been used by the ss but was more likely not. Thank you F-B once again I always value your comments

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Visor cap Skull
    P
    Many

Hello ado.

1. The skull is original.
    2. It is an army tradition skull.
    3. However, it was also worn occasionally by the SS, as the photo below shows. This photo shows an SS man wearing exactly the same type of skull, not one of the many other Prussian variants. Note the slope of the eyes.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Visor cap Skull 

Thanks to Robin Lumsden and colleague Derek for their past, present and future aid in this topic of perennial interest.

I am not an expert in such regalia, as I collect caps with badges. Or, I did until I got bored by the whole thing.

Thanks for the kind words above.

The real expertise of others here makes this such a fine site, especially if someone elsewhere has banned our Scottish friend because of his sense of humor. The latter trait is unwanted in the Orwellian world of the 21st century. We, however, still want to laugh, as the others can only scream and bash their fists on the flimsy plastic key board.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Visor cap Skull 

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    We, however, still want to laugh, as the others can only scream and bash their fists on the flimsy plastic key board.
    Words of wisdom, F-B!

Quote by jHAM View Post
    the well spoken and very knowledgeable Friedrich-Berthold has answered your question. It is not necessarily an SS item rather it is an army traditions badge. That type of "scull" might have been used by the ss but was more likely not. Thank you F-B once again I always value your comments
    Thanks to you, in turn, and may all the "sculls" be as real as their owners hearts yearn them to be, and may all "crimped prongs" pierce the horizons like all the flags held aloft in a Riefenstahl film.

Quote by Robin Lumsden View Post
    Words of wisdom, F-B!
    No wisdom, dear sir, merely a commentary on the brave new world in which we all are forced to live. You have given us all a great deal over the years, not only with your published works, but with a gentle, intelligent and amused presence in these spaces. Other locales distinguish themselves by the terror of the repugnant Zeitgeist; a permanent sense of indignation; the touch and feel of a seamy peep show; hyperbole; bathos, and very little knowledge. Pfui.
    Please continue to post here so I can learn something.

ado.

Here is how your skull was found....................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Visor cap Skull   SS Visor cap Skull  

SS Visor cap Skull  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Visor cap Skull  SS Visor cap Skull 

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You have given us all a great deal over the years, not only with your published works, but with a gentle, intelligent and amused presence in these spaces.
    You are too kind (again!)

Quote by Robin Lumsden View Post
    You are too kind (again!)
    Thanks to you and please tell us when you have finished your Gesamtkunstwerk book on death's heads in central Europe.

?

FB, are these skulls for visors only or would they appear on Pz wrap collar tabs?

Thank you,
    M

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast