Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS visor eagle and skull.. real????

Article about: All, I’m looking at purchasing this SS visor eagle and skull set. They are very reasonably priced, so I’m somewhat skeptical. Any opinions on its authenticity? Thanks Thomas

Default SS visor eagle and skull.. real????

All,

I’m looking at purchasing this SS visor eagle and skull set. They are very reasonably priced, so I’m somewhat skeptical. Any opinions on its authenticity?

Thanks
    Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS visor eagle and skull.. real????   SS visor eagle and skull.. real????  

SS visor eagle and skull.. real????   SS visor eagle and skull.. real????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor eagle and skull.. real????
    P
    Many

I am sorry to write that neither of these objects is authentic.

We have many examples of authentic Overhoff insignia. The eagle, though, when real, is especially rare.

The Overhoff badge is heavily faked.

You want.....SS visor eagle and skull.. real????

- - ------- - -

this....SS visor eagle and skull.. real????SS visor eagle and skull.. real????

These are heavily faked, sad to say.

The real badge experts here have many examples of original items.

The neusilber/cupal variant of the badge is fairly rare, and I won't speculate on the varieties of Werkstoffe,
    but there were two general finishes, i.e. one for the black cap, which is seldom seen, if at all,
    and those for the grey cap.

You can delve deeply into the badge section here. We have lots of real badges in detail.

Or you can ignore it all, as you desire.

Your money is precious and you needn't waste it on junk.

I feel sick to write this, but the splints on the fakes do not correspond to the original, if you look at the image I included.
    But I cannot keep track of all the fakes of this badge. They seem to have proliferated in the last two decades, but
    someone will tell me better in this regard.

Don't know who "offered" this set to you...however the "word is out" these skulls in original state are $1000. That is the going rate across the board from dealers who are demanding this insane price & getting it. That being said...only two dealers I know personally I would purchase one from, (if I had $1000 to blow). The eagles average about $600 USD. So if you have been "offered" these items at a bargain rate.........

Quote by real steel View Post
    Don't know who "offered" this set to you...however the "word is out" these skulls in original state are $1000. That is the going rate across the board from dealers who are demanding this insane price & getting it. That being said...only two dealers I know personally I would purchase one from, (if I had $1000 to blow). The eagles average about $600 USD. So if you have been "offered" these items at a bargain rate.........
    Wise words from a fine citizen of this site. There is a "scull" demimonde, and I fail to see the merit of its hierarchy and ideology.

My hobby is to criticize it.

- - ------- - -

They return the favor times three, but so what?

Well thank you for the prompt responses. This was offered from a website I came across online-asking about $600 for the set. That was my first red flag. I guess I have more to learn about detecting the fakes. I'm still studying these pieces, trying to find a reasonable set. I don't need the rarest, just decent. The search continues......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast