Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS VT cap skull button 1194/40?

Article about: I want to discuss this button skull, I know there's a very dangerous 1940 type fake, made in 3 pieces. This is one I have is different, doesn't "look" new. The pebbling is not like

Default SS VT cap skull button 1194/40?

I want to discuss this button skull, I know there's a very dangerous 1940 type fake, made in 3 pieces.
    This is one I have is different, doesn't "look" new. The pebbling is not like the good fake.
    What do you guys think about It?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS VT cap skull button 1194/40?   SS VT cap skull button 1194/40?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS VT cap skull button 1194/40?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS VT cap skull button 1194/40?

this one is the known "good" fake made in the correct way.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS VT cap skull button 1194/40?  

For the one's that doesn't see any differences...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS VT cap skull button 1194/40?  

Hi Sid
    Im affraid your cap skull button ist also not orginal.
    For me this is a copy one level higher from this copies posted below.
    In orginal ,,face of the skull posted on left side is different from ,,face of your skull.
    But ,,face of your skull is similiar to face of skull on copy button posted bellow
    On the back numbers of codes on your skull are smaller like on orginal ,runes also smaller and made less carrefury in detail
    Also border of the button in orginal is made more precisious like border on your button.
    Of course I could be a wrongBut his is my opinion if someone asked me I will say not orginal

Carlsson,

Both of these appear well made but I do not like the TK on the front of either of these and for this reason alone I would not have been tempted to purchase.
    I do like variations in cloth insignia but I tend to stick to known examples of metal badges as these are easier to age and it is therefore harder to spot a fake.

This skull also doesen't ,,look new" but it is a copy/
    Yeah every year their will be made better copies.
    But we say them NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IHope (: (:

Thanks. Well that's the only piece that made me very unsure although It is a very convincing piece with crisp details. Since I am not 100% sure I am going to send that piece back to It's original owner. This piece will stay a doubt-piece for now.
    I do remember that the website collectormilitaria.com had once one for sale, wich means nothing of course.

What is disturbing about this new generation of fake buttons is that the inside of the eye sockets now have texture, as do the originals, whereas the sockets had always been Smooth before. They're getting Better and better...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Indeed but this one is a very hard one. Especially when you have It in hands.