Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TK Skull M1/52 opinions

Article about: This was sold on ebay the other day & just wondered what your thoughts are about it , is it a good one ? I think it is but.....what's your opinions

?

Default TK Skull M1/52 opinions

This was sold on ebay the other day & just wondered what your thoughts are about it , is it a good one ? I think it is but.....what's your opinions TK Skull M1/52 opinionsTK Skull M1/52 opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TK Skull M1/52 opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: TK Skull M1/52 opinions

I'm no expert on these, but I know that the M1/52 type skull is THE most reproduced TK cap badge on the market. These always show signs of casting marks, even if only slight, so examine it closely for signs of 'flash' and small holes that are produced during this process.

Remember, these skulls were ALWAYS die struck, so casting signs are a big no-no. Personally, for the cost of the real thing, I would never by one off ebay, and I'm not feeling fuzzy over this one, although it does appear a pretty good attempt, and is frighteningly close if fake. But, as I said, I ain't no expert, still trying to learn, so best wait for more informed comments.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Totaly original example and a very nice one too. It was on ebay? how on earth did I miss this one!

Go on then, give me the bad news and tell me that it went for a cheap price!

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Totaly original example and a very nice one too. It was on ebay? how on earth did I miss this one!

Go on then, give me the bad news and tell me that it went for a cheap price!

£256.98 + postage

?

Someone got a bargain!

I'm glad though, that's what ebay is all about if you know what you're doing.

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Someone got a bargain!

I'm glad though, that's what ebay is all about if you know what you're doing.

What would it be worth in this condition Ben ?

?

Zinc Deschler in this condition? these days it could have easily sold for double.

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Zinc Deschler in this condition? these days it could have easily sold for double.

?

Everyone wants them for some reason and the prices steadily go up very year. Probably 80% will never get close to a hat again though....

I bet a lot of people got scared off by the faint marking - and I'm sure sorry that I didn't check Ebay right after this post .. >>

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...pf-real-73730/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast