Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Tötenkopf, IS THIS ORIGINAL OR FAKE?

Article about: This is a tÖtenkopf, but i don't know if it is original or fake? Please help me, thank you!

Question Tötenkopf, IS THIS ORIGINAL OR FAKE?

This is a tÖtenkopf, but i don't know if it is original or fake? Please help me, thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tötenkopf, IS THIS ORIGINAL OR FAKE?
    P
    Many

A good one IMO. Good detail correct prong and attachment. A little bit of patina. Nice. Best regards.

Brian

?

I agree that it's original but I'm not sure of that prong attachment. Perhaps there are some like that that I'm not aware of but I have 5 examples of this type of Tk and they all have the same attachment system. Either way it's still a nice original piece.

Tötenkopf, IS THIS ORIGINAL OR FAKE?Tötenkopf, IS THIS ORIGINAL OR FAKE?Tötenkopf, IS THIS ORIGINAL OR FAKE?Tötenkopf, IS THIS ORIGINAL OR FAKE?Tötenkopf, IS THIS ORIGINAL OR FAKE?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I agree that it's original but I'm not sure of that prong attachment. Perhaps there are some like that that I'm not aware of but I have 5 examples of this type of Tk and they all have the same attachment system. Either way it's still a nice original piece.
    I see that none of your examples has round pins, can originals be found with round pins?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I have yet to see any with round pins, they all seem to be flat , some blunt and others sharp. The round nail pin and the excess solder all indicate replacement

?

I stand corrected on my statement of pin attachments. Brian was right, there are variants that do possess round pins over flat prongs. We are here to learn and share knowledge, not pontificate. Sorry for the confusion.