Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......

Article about: Hi guys, what do you think? Fake? Possibility of being real? Guy had all sorts of historical memorabilia. Some very, very pricey and some not so. Any input appreciated!

Default Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......

Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......

Hi guys, what do you think? Fake? Possibility of being real? Guy had all sorts of historical memorabilia. Some very, very pricey and some not so. Any input appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......
    P
    Many

Sorry max she's a no go. Compare to the other examples on here. The prongs are incorrect amongst many other things. Best regards.

Brian

Thought so. Thanks!

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Sorry max she's a no go. Compare to the other examples on here. The prongs are incorrect amongst many other things. Best regards.

Brian
    Yep, many other things, not least of which is the metal used. Very strange patina and not what one would expect!

Easy to say when you know but that only comes as you gain from experience. Always a good idea to seek advice first as you learn.

Never, ever pay mind to the nice old chap who promises that "Hitler actually owned this"! As we say in the hobby, buy the piece not the story.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Almost appears to be silver. I may get it tested at a local jeweler. Has a little heft to it. I'm tempted to let the old fella know that it's a fake. For some strange reason I still like it.

You want this badge instead. Your item is quite fake. Sorry.Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......

The Zimmermann badge came in several versions, one with a matte alu or alu alloy finish, and one with the neusilber finish.
    I have enclosed the latter.

Your item is a common fake.

We have a lot and I mean a lot of real Zimmermann badges here.

Here is a badge with the alu alloy finish.Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......

- - ------- - -

I do not know how many variants of Werkstoff existed for this badge, but several. Look at the Telesmanich site for the variety.
    Or in our threads.

Fake SS cap badges constitute one of the dead ends of this pursuit.

The Zimmermann badge is widely faked.

There were variants of the Deschler badge which appear to have a silver content wash or whatever to them.
    I own many of these. Some are well patinated and some retain their bright finish, which is especially clear in newsreel film of the epoch.Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......Totenkopf, elderly gentleman at flea market insisted it was real...i know....i know.......

- - ------- - -

I have this post at least one thousand times in ten years.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast