Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Totenkopf m1/52 Cap Badge

Article about: Can anyone please help me?? I've recently obtained a m1/52 cap badge and was wondering if it was an origional ?? I know there are there are thousands of copy's out there so see what you thin

?

Default Totenkopf m1/52 Cap Badge

Can anyone please help me?? I've recently obtained a m1/52 cap badge and was wondering if it was an origional ?? I know there are there are thousands of copy's out there so see what you think!!!!! The M1/52 markings sit proud and not stamped like the photos I've seen!!!! If it is a copy what should I look out for???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Totenkopf m1/52 Cap Badge   Totenkopf m1/52 Cap Badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf m1/52 Cap Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: Totenkopf m1/52 Cap Badge

Quote by ringo View Post
    Can anyone please help me?? I've recently obtained a m1/52 cap badge and was wondering if it was an origional ?? If it is a copy what should I look out for???
    Ouch!

I'm not trying to be rude here, but why do you think it's an original?... Have you ever seen a photo (of which we have several here on the forum) of the real deal? Even if your copy has been beaten up quite bad, probably an attempt to hide that it is a copy, anyone who had spent a small amount of time comparing your "scull" (yes F-B, I wrote "scull") with any of the hundreds of photos of known originals on the forums would see that your "scull" is a fake.

Don't bye anything before you have studied these little fellas on your own for a long while, this is a mine field and most of us who collect have spent a lot of time and $$$ trying to learn.

Look out for this.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Totenkopf m1/52 Cap Badge  

Quote by ringo View Post
    Can anyone please help me?? I've recently obtained a m1/52 cap badge and was wondering if it was an origional ?? If it is a copy what should I look out for???
    Not this.

Look out for crooks. That one looks like something snyderstreasures would try to sell to you. There are a 100 times more replicas out there for sale then originals. And a original in good shape costs about 1000 dollars and over. If they are cheaper they often are in bad shape or they are bought in hours after they are put up for sale.
    Good luck finding an original. There is one for sale at collectors guild a.k germanmilitaria,for 1100 dollars I you want an original.

Jan
    ?

1100 dollars for an original )... cmon!

Cheers Jan

Quote by Jan View Post

Cheers Jan
    Yeah sure you can get them cheaper if don´t buy from a dealer. Most dealers takes around 1000 dollars and more for an original In good shape...Sad but true. If you can deal with one in less good shape then the price is different.

Quote by Jan View Post

Cheers Jan
    Which would be considered quite cheap for a CupAl made, with both prongs attached, for most collectors.

?

M1/52 is probably the most copied TK, by far, in my experience.

?

Thanks for all the advice!!!! I new it was too good to be true! luckily i didn't pay much for it!!! i might put it back on ebay and try and get my money back!

Quote by ringo View Post
    Thanks for all the advice!!!! I new it was too good to be true! luckily i didn't pay much for it!!! i might put it back on ebay and try and get my money back!
    be fair and tell that it is not real when you sell it, all other woud be unfair aganst other new collectors or someone who want to make a collector a presend or what ever, dont be one of them

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast