Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Totenkopf Need Opinions

Article about: Hi guys need your help on these please..not sure if they are original , your help will be much appreciated thanks in advance

Default Totenkopf Need Opinions

Hi guys

need your help on these please..not sure if they are original , your help will be much appreciated

thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Totenkopf Need Opinions   Totenkopf Need Opinions  

Totenkopf Need Opinions   Totenkopf Need Opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf Need Opinions
    P
    Many

This has been identified as a fake on WAF, as such markings (SS 373/43) are not found on original death's heads...I also recall Snyder's Treasures trying to sell these fakes as original...
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you Glenn !! looks like his all set of death heads for sale are fake...not cool...

He's well-known as a dealer in fakes...Stay away!!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    This has been identified as a fake on WAF, as such markings (SS 373/43) are not found on original death's heads...I also recall Snyder's Treasures trying to sell these fakes as original...
    cheers, Glenn
    He's still trying.

Old, more or less, 1970s stinkers.

- - Updated - -

The second ala Overhoff I cannot determine its date, others can, but it's no good, either.
    Pfui.

?

SS runes never appeared on period examples. Which makes one wonder why the fakers might make such a boneheaded (er, no pun intended) error. If it was an error at all. I guess it could be an attempt at playing on some certain collector magnetism toward the iconography of the regime that none of us are completely immune to. The voltaic sig runes offer the beholder the same sort of darkly aesthetic enchantment a grinning Totenkopf or swirling, hypnotic Hakenkreuz do.

Or they were just boneheaded.

The state of knowledge of these things decades ago was far less sophisticated than today. In the present one has numerous real examples of all pieces of SS regalia, posted by such numb skulls as myself and others, whereas in the past, the whole thing was more primitive. Such might strike our young, jaded readers here as odd, but the plentitude of today stands in starkest contrast to the past. Es ist halt so.

Totenkopf Need OpinionsTotenkopf Need OpinionsTotenkopf Need OpinionsTotenkopf Need OpinionsTotenkopf Need OpinionsTotenkopf Need OpinionsTotenkopf Need OpinionsTotenkopf Need OpinionsTotenkopf Need OpinionsTotenkopf Need OpinionsTotenkopf Need OpinionsTotenkopf Need OpinionsI am a numb skull or scull for my witless sharing of treasures that should be held in more secretive posture.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I am a numb skull or scull for my witless sharing of treasures that should be held in more secretive posture.
    Some do not learn from what is right in front of them F-B.

Instead those that share their knowledge are given remarks as below when humor is used to wonder aloud why members do not check our in depth and detailed databases here and instead choose the fast food Is It Real postings of the most remedial of fakes. Perhaps yes, these treasures should be held in a more secretive posture as some here have no of intention of learning, and instead choose to wander the forests of fakery with their eyes closed to the maps laid out in front of them.

>>Agreed helmetone Doug B needs to relax a bit!! its just a form!<<

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast