Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Totenkopf with screw back fitting: real or fake?

Article about: The continuation of "sculls" by other means.....

Pink
    ?

Question Totenkopf with screw back fitting: real or fake?

Hello, is this death's head badge real or fake? Thank you.

Also, can you explain to me why it's different from other death's head badges I've seen? The others have their bones behind the head. Thank you.

2. # ADS

?

Default re: Totenkopf with screw back fitting: real or fake?

i am by far no expert but that looks like no totenkopf i have ever seen...................fantasy piece i would say from anything i have seen

?

Hi Pink and welcome to the forum. This is not even close to looking like the real deal and I wouldn't even know where to begin to point out why. Some advise; If you had an ounce of doubt that this wasn't fake, I would suggest you stay away from purchasing any until you've done some research and handled original examples.

The market is flooded with fakes of these insignia and you really need to have a grasp on what to lookout for or you could lose your wallet.

Good luck!

Pink
    ?

I wonder what is it then. Why bother making a fake one when it doesn't look like the real one?

?

For the exact reason you came here questioning it. It's marketed to new collectors or the unknowing to take your money.

This particular piece does have some age to it. It could very well have been created before resources like the Internet or the many books on the subject existed. If a seller said this was an authentic piece, some may have trusted him as there was nothing to compare it to; they would just take him for his word.

?

Complete fantasy I'm afraid.

Pink
    ?

I didn't buy it. I found it in the attic. It was in a box that belonged to my grandfather. I don't know much things about WWII and badges. I was simply curious and wanted to give it to my boyfriend who study history. I searched on the internet and found some others that were similar to it but there was not much info.

ebay-crap.

?

I dont think its E-bay crap, but i do think it was designed to deceive, you say it was in a box of your grandfathers, so i would assume its been around a longish time so i agree with Ben and Ian, probably made quite some time ago for sale to the unwary

endless dead head thingies.Totenkopf with screw back fitting: real or fake?Totenkopf with screw back fitting: real or fake?Totenkopf with screw back fitting: real or fake?Totenkopf with screw back fitting: real or fake?Totenkopf with screw back fitting: real or fake?Totenkopf with screw back fitting: real or fake?Totenkopf with screw back fitting: real or fake?Totenkopf with screw back fitting: real or fake?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast