Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Unissued Totenkopf in packet- Deschler RZM M1/52. Genuine?

Article about: No problem, glad to help! Mat

Default Unissued Totenkopf in packet- Deschler RZM M1/52. Genuine?

I came across this today, which is apparently a Deschler Totenkopf sealed in a packet. Could this be genuine? It has no attached prongs which makes me suspicious, as I would have thought it would only be sealed in a packet when assembled and ready for issue... having said that, I have no idea if they were ever packaged like this at all. This seems logistically unlikely, but were these badges manufactured and then completed with prongs elsewhere at a later time? I would also perhaps expect a different font for the text (as it differs from what I see on medal issue packets), but that's a total presumption. Of course, we can't see the detail of the badge itself... my cynical side thinks this could be a clever way of passing off fakes, but for all I know this could be perfectly legitimate. I've never come across packaged insignia before. Apologies for the poor photos, though I look forward to hearing thoughts on this.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unissued Totenkopf in packet-  Deschler RZM M1/52. Genuine?   Unissued Totenkopf in packet-  Deschler RZM M1/52. Genuine?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unissued Totenkopf in packet-  Deschler RZM M1/52. Genuine?
    P
    Many

Default re: Unissued Totenkopf in packet- Deschler RZM M1/52. Genuine?

Hi Mat, I seriously doubt these were ever packaged. I remain very very dubious, especially as the badge is unfinished. For me it is bad.

Cheers, Ade.

I must agree with Ade. Many years ago, I bought ten unused eagle and skull sets from a vet who was billeted in Max Simon's house. The pins were still folded and had never been used. There was also a factory refinished Roehm dagger and a boxed set of photographs of Totenkopf in action in France with a dedication to Simon from Eicke.
    There certainly would not be a reason to package an unfinished cap badge.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

They may have been packaged,but i doubt like that. I would steer clear. Stewy

is this one of the five or so battleflags selling

tom

Quote by talltom View Post
    is this one of the five or so battleflags selling

tom
    Yes, it is. I've never bought from them, but I do check their site every now and then. As far as insignias go they sell / stock a lot of fakes, and I suppose this is one of them, but I thought it was worth checking. I have no idea if they know they're selling fakes or not, as uninformed dealers seem to be quite common. I only check their site in the hopes that eventually I'll see something that appears legitimate, as they offer the ability to return items. They also need a better camera, if they believe they have nothing to hide with their items- most of their photos are poor.

I did think this being packaged without prongs made no sense, but I've heard stranger things, so I thought I best check before passing. Thanks for the input everyone. I'll pass on it.

Mat

battleflags better at deacts than medals etc and most all of his are fakes passed off as original for extreme prices in some cases

tom

?

Wise to pass Mat, as stated above, why package an unfinished item...? Makes no sense. Save your money.

Regards,

Carl

It will be intresting to see what the skull looks like inside.

It seems to show a disc & stub of broken pin on the left side ? Strange for an " unfinished " badge .
    But as a way of selling items you can't actually see until after purchase , this one is definitely new to me .

Logistically , I'd sooner expect these to have come in boxes of maybe 50-100 , some paper in between , and marked " Totenkopf-ABZEICHEN " on the box ?
    Would be great if one ever turned up , of course .
    But IMHO not wrapped & printed individually like it was an award of some kind , my 2 cents ..
    Attached Images Attached Images Unissued Totenkopf in packet-  Deschler RZM M1/52. Genuine? 

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast