Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

unknown original SS skull

Article about: "They smile at us from across the abyss in part because their presence makes us insane" FB 9.16.09 HaHa! THE REAL UNKOWN RAY BAN SKULL

Default Re: unknown original SS skull

here some other pics of that type from my database:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1011141.JPG 
Views:	286 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	53972   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1011142.JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	53973  

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Thanks for the data. I was vaguely aware that the pieces I posted were from the Munich maker, but I am not as interested in the markings on the back as are some of you. I am also not especially interested in the respective rarity of one badge over the other. They strike me as all quite rare, in fact.

I collect black SS caps and uniforms, and only want the badges to be real and more or less of the period.

Happy cap badges to all.

The website to which you refer in your other post attracts some controversy, which I have no wish at all to engage in this place or time. You can avail yourself of same on the lord of the flies website.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_1380-1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	231.9 KB 
ID:	54070   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bob cap front.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	54072  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	your black cap side.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	54074  
    damit, basta.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    the skull first posted was on a SS visor cap, sold in this section:

Warelics Militaria Collectibles German Hats & Visors

I didn't see any fakes there for sale?
    So, and correct me if I'm wrong, your conclusion is that if the others are real, the one which started this thread must be real too?...

Hope you dont mind me jumping here guys , im no expert on these skulls, i like them alot even the fake ones i have to say .
    But Friedrich Berthold , yours in post 3 is a stunner the sculptureing of it and detail make this a beautiful piece , i love it , cheers Raymond

Quote by ironcross1 View Post
    Hope you dont mind me jumping here guys , im no expert on these skulls, i like them alot even the fake ones i have to say .
    But Friedrich Berthold , yours in post 3 is a stunner the sculptureing of it and detail make this a beautiful piece , i love it , cheers Raymond

Dear Sir, I cannot see these details in real life, but thanks.
    The cap itself is more interesting than this Deschler badge.
    damit, basta.

Here a piece ravaged by over eager insignia collectors.
    damit, basta.

This piece is nice, too; it is in the Shea Beaver book.
    damit, basta.

to Anders: No and I correct you I own and sold enough original skulls and eagles to make my opinion. I study them, look at the way there made, the patina and finish, details etc.
    In all respect but too many people on forums are too focused on the known originals..

Do let us avoid unnecessary discord especially about a piece of SS regalia that really attracts too much attention, too much mis informed opinion making without, I repeat, any documentary historical evidence to resolve the issues. Do let one of you come forward with some documentary evidence from the makers of regalia or from the SS contracting office or from Himmler, himself, to enlighten us. Otherwise, these little spats do not add much, really. This evidence is in the SS Wirtschafts und Verwaltungshauptamt files. Otherwise, the tit for tat stuff surely has little to offer us here. The other sites are full of it, and it chokes off meaningful inquiry.

I have tried to show a variety of originals for what little it is worth.

I do not pry off the insignia in my property, ergo I surely do not see things that some of you see, but I also think that the archeological approach is limited in its validity. I would note that there is a lot of group think on these sites, and I am sure there is regalia that deviates from a handful of dogmatic norms, which is nonetheless original. The sad thing, though, is because of the group think dogmatists as well as the knowing malfeasance or larceny of some, these rare variations are lost in the chaos of these websites....or in the dull monotony of same.

In the early years of these websites, I rejoiced in the new things to be learned each day. To be sure, there is much about this regalia we do not know, but I am utterly bored by fights about these badges. There should be a website devoted solely to fake versus real SS cap badges, and the rest of us can learn about other aspects of this regalia.

Happy regalia.
    damit, basta.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast