Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

unknown original SS skull

Article about: "They smile at us from across the abyss in part because their presence makes us insane" FB 9.16.09 HaHa! THE REAL UNKOWN RAY BAN SKULL

Default unknown original SS skull

We always discuss obvious originals , but what about the origins of this original skull, I call him the "ray-ban" skull due to the eyes and eyebrowshape
    (this skull isn't mine)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown original SS skull  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unknown original SS skull
    P
    Many

Default Re: unknown original SS skull

May I ask why you call this original?

I think the doubts expressed by Anders are warranted and appropriate.

But why are we always a prisoner of these little pieces of metal, I ask?

I guess my posts on other facets of SS regalia did no good.

Himmler was right about the manner in which people responded to a certain kind of symbol, in this case that of death.

Here is an authentic one for what it is worth and it is still on a cap, wonder of wonders.
    Attached Images Attached Images unknown original SS skull 

Siehe da!

or here, in fact.

This is the cap I sold and it is now in the famous book..... I did not take off the badges, either...

?

FB I knew we could count on you to grace our presence with your thoughts on these annoying little skulls. Why don't we deem them all authentic and end the debate once and for all. Just kidding of course. Your photo's always help us to distinguish between reality and fantasy. Thank you. Al.

?

I really newer saw it before, but as a most baltic made skulls in the past was counted as a fakes too...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I really newer saw it before, but as a most baltic made skulls in the past was counted as a fakes too...
    There is a lot of group think and not especially well documented facts on these sites. I do not think alot of it would stand any professional scrutiny from people expert in the use of evidence of the past. Ergo, I think we only know a part of the story, but there are also few who are able to add much actionable knowledge with any historical documentation (and I mean in the real sense, i.e. files, contracts, et cetera)

See attachment from a regalia maker in Cologne that goes unremarked in the lists here of "known makers." What did this badge really look like? Did the SS use it too, i.e. in 1935 when this catalog was printed?

There is a lot more to know, especially, how, if I do say so myself, I found the order for the creation of the so called 1936 SS Hoheitszeichen, which, in reality was ordered in the fall of 1935. An order from Hitler through Himmler, but a piece of actual historical evidence in the files of the RFSS unused or otherwise ignored by insignia experts.

This is a small example of how real historical research in this field (with access to stuff in Germany) would likely transform things.

But I digress to no good purpose.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown original SS skull  

the skull first posted was on a SS visor cap, sold in this section:

Warelics Militaria Collectibles German Hats & Visors

I didn't see any fakes there for sale?

Iam intrigated by that first skull (Iam no novice )
    F.B your skull on the first cap is a Deschler

"D&S.M Ges.gesch" with the rzm on the lower left jaw
    the second is a more commom M1/52 with round discs and flat prongs, wel patinated tough

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast