Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Unmarked Zimmermann eagle?

Article about: by SScollector Original and extremely rare! Chris A statement which is based on what tangible and credible evidence, then? Your opinion? - - Updated - - This is evidence from the past upon w

Quote by SScollector View Post
    This one was veteran acquired by a good friend of mine many years ago.
    The manner in which respect is gained among collector peers is through a lengthy period of serious study and documented presentation. In today's collecting field, the "veteran acquired" term is only considered valid when the source is respected.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Zimmermann eagle?
    P
    Many

Bob Coleman embodies the living example of the above generalization in a manner that others can well emulate.

I recommend his recent post of SA senior leader items as a shining example of excellent evidence and convincing analysis.

Bob, are you implying that I am not a respected source?

An unfinished original in it's first stage.

ChrisAttachment 575882Attachment 575883
    Not to argue, but I find this piece to be questionable, to say the least. The legs of the swastika are of different thickness's and the head of the eagle looks about as details and correctly shaped as a sock puppet.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Chris...you have been here since June of 2012..and with only 6 posts prior to this thread we are on right now being created...all of which have been 1 or 2 word wonders.
    1. Not good
    2. original
    3.Just typical run of the mill junk
    4.yes its horrible
    5.Hunk of junk

Your first post when you first joined does hold a little value..as you did what was required by the WRF to post any factual evidence with the use of documentation or a photo..bravo for that 1 post.

Bob Coleman is correct and myself included..for what ever word you would like to use...respected reputed knowledgeable dependable..etc...yes we both and quite a few others are implying..that your knowledge is at question. I would not be satisfied with one line replies from any reference book or any source who has been here as long as you with only 6 posts....As Bob has stated..in more or less words...try gaining so time here first..and the use of source material to back up your respected one word replies.

You are not here to question the authority of what is kept here to keep balance..you or anyone are not in a position to do so..especially someone with less than 10 posts. One liners here come and go..and really help no one..who are looking for factual evidence..which could make or break their wallet...if it were me..I would want more before I buy .....on your second replied post........"Yes its Horrible"....and my words..."The direction this thread is going in"...I suggest you heed the warning I posted in a prior post above.....or my next word will only be one word.
    Last edited by Larry C; 09-30-2013 at 11:35 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Respect of knowledge is gained over a long period of time. It is never gained by demanding it and attacking known commodities in the hobby. You may feel yourself an expert but in comparison to others here, your time in this hobby is not yet long term. Attacking others for differing views will gain nothing except a prompt "goodbye."
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Respect of knowledge is gained over a long period of time. It is never gained by demanding it and attacking known commodities in the hobby. You may feel yourself an expert but in comparison to others here, your time in this hobby is not yet long term. Attacking others for differing views will gain nothing except a prompt "goodbye."
    I associate myself with the statements of Mr. Larry C. and Bob Coleman. We are not intent on sparking a referendum on a person and his character (as happens all the time elsewhere to the harm of all concerned), but an assessment of the quality of knowledge that such persons have offered to thousands of readers. The "scull" question generates more smoke than light, and I look for someone to clear away the smoke without trapping us in problems of personality, fragile ego, or down right ignorance and stupidity.

In this connection, the "facts," "knowledge," "data" and so forth offered by this person (quite distinct from personality, etc.) do not adhere to the standards of this site nor has this data, if you will, attained the level of excellence maintained by many of our pillars and most stalwart members. I would note Patrick Lewis as being in the vanguard of the young cohort who has done a lot to set a fine standard. There are many others I won't name or cannot name. I have thanked them in my 12,000 posts since 2008.
    But there are those here and elsewhere who via non knowledge and "facts" based on nightmares who do a disservice to themselves and to others in precisely the manner that Larry C. and Bob Coleman have pointed out above and we do not need it at all.

My thanks to the moderators for their intervention in this issue.

My point with the badge is this: it may well be real, but for all practical purposes, how can a beginner tell it from all the fakes which it resembles, and how can the effort to make this distinction be rendered in a clear, tangible way to the beginner with some actionable knowledge versus some terse pronouncement that is pretty murky....?

10 years ago, it was I who discovered, and first announced that the maker "475" was F. Wagner. Since then, I have helped the entire Internet collecting community learn to tell the difference between real artifacts and junk, (not to mention all of the original variations). I have had over 3000 posts on other forums and I am well respected in many other places because I love what I do and I do it thoroughly. I have almost every known variation of SS cap insignia in my own collection. If anyone wishes to correct me on anything, I am all ears. Rest assured, I can back up anything I say, (although I cannot reveal who sold me the unfinished eagle above, as he does not like to get involved in such controversy), but perhaps he will decide to speak here anyway and lay this one to rest.

Chris

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    My point with the badge is this: it may well be real, but for all practical purposes, how can a beginner tell it from all the fakes which it resembles, and how can the effort to make this distinction be rendered in a clear, tangible way to the beginner with some actionable knowledge versus some terse pronouncement that is pretty murky....?
    Please show us a reproduction that looks like this one to you, and maybe I can help.

Chris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast