Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1 Komp. Reserv. 3.SS Totenkopf St. Thuringen Picture??

Article about: Hello Gentlemen! I recently acquired this great photo of this group. I have been doing some research on this unit, I would love to know the groups thoughts / knowledge on this unit and more

?

Default 1 Komp. Reserv. 3.SS Totenkopf St. Thuringen Picture??

Hello Gentlemen!

I recently acquired this great photo of this group. I have been doing some research on this unit, I would love to know the groups thoughts / knowledge on this unit and more importantly - the location of this picture? I would make uneducated guesses about the location according to the various SS schools I know about. Hopefully this photo can also serve to contribute something of value to the group as well...

Thank You for your continued help and guidance in my collecting knowledge!

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1 Komp. Reserv. 3.SS Totenkopf St. Thuringen Picture??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1 Komp. Reserv. 3.SS Totenkopf St. Thuringen Picture??
    P
    Many

?

I guess everyone is stumped like me, eh? I'm putting this picture between 1937 - 1940? Based upon shoulder boards and uniforms?.... There is also no cuff titles, except for the "First Sargent" in the middle......

?

Hi,

Could you maybe show a small part of the pic with some soldiers in high resolution? From this big picture in low resolution it is not possible to take a close look at the insignia of this men.
    Thanks

best
    Martin

?

Yes Sir! Will do shortly! I apologize, I should have done that the first go around! Thanks!

?

Sorry it has taken me so long - here you go Gentlemen! This is the first time I CAN'T GET THE PICS STRAIGHT! ugh!

1 Komp. Reserv. 3.SS Totenkopf St. Thuringen Picture?? 1 Komp. Reserv. 3.SS Totenkopf St. Thuringen Picture??
    Last edited by Larry C; 09-13-2017 at 01:29 AM.

?

No go on this one, eh Gents?

?

A very interesting Picture of the T-Standarte Thüringen.

The order for the arabic cyphers on the shoulder boards was given on the 09.01.1939.

The order to wear the green collar up to the rank of an Unterführer and to wear a jacket with lower pleated pockets (like the WH tunics) was given on the 27.04.1939 by Himmler.

Soldiers in the rank of officers should still wear the field Grey collar (not green) but the officers on this Picture seem to ignore this order.

So i would date this Picture past April 1939.

?

Not Long time ago a nice set of this boards was available for sale.1 Komp. Reserv. 3.SS Totenkopf St. Thuringen Picture??1 Komp. Reserv. 3.SS Totenkopf St. Thuringen Picture??

?

MM! I greatly appreciate your response, knowledge, and time Sir! You pegged the date WAY farther down then I did! Well Done!!! The second part of my questions is; where in the world was this picture taken? I can't nail down a school or training compound.. hmmmm

Again, THANK YOU MM1985!!

Duff

Hi Duff..I reduced your image size by about 50 kb per photo..which automatically spins them to the upright position.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast