Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS TK mid war collartabs

Article about: No such item is at my finger tips. I am vaguely aware of the presence of a handful in leading collections in No. America. That is, the names you see cited in the English language reference w

?

Default Re: SS TK mid war collartabs

Did you mean vertical to horisontal? IMO transititional period is late 40 or 1941
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS TK mid war collartabs
    P
    Many

F-B.

As far as I can ascertain, the front-faced cartoon TK was restricted to a few months in 1936, after which it was replaced.

1936........cartoon TK (with and without numbers)
    1936-40...vertical with numbers
    1940-41...vertical without numbers
    1942-45...horizontal

The horizontal was authorised in 1940, but does not seem to have been used widely until 1942.

1944....pumpkinhead type

Quote by Robin Lumsden View Post
    F-B.

As far as I can ascertain, the front-faced cartoon TK was restricted to a few months in 1936, after which it was replaced.
    Dear Sir, I had thought so. Thank you for a vital piece of data. Many thanks for all your wonderful material and learning. FB

?

Quote by Robin Lumsden View Post
    1936........cartoon TK (with and without numbers)
    1936-40...vertical with numbers
    1940-41...vertical without numbers
    1942-45...horizontal

The horizontal was authorised in 1940, but does not seem to have been used widely until 1942.

1944....pumpkinhead type
    You mean that from 1944 was no more in use embroidered sculls?
    In that case, IMO, the officers use them to show their experience in the service ( fashion)
    Soldiers- did you mean that after the 44 year all of the TK soldiers have pumpkinhead? How about other mint Dachau type tabs?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Did you mean vertical to horisontal? IMO transititional period is late 40 or 1941
    Thank you, no. I meant from the figure on the left (i.e. cartoon) to the figure on the right.

Mr. Lumsden provided me with the needed data. The later change is of note, but I am concerned chiefly with black uniforms or the brown uniforms for garrison duty prior to the introduction of field grey.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS TK mid war collartabs  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS TK mid war collartabs 

Quote by Dimas View Post
    You mean that from 1944 was no more in use embroidered sculls?
    In that case, IMO, the officers use them to show their experience in the service ( fashion)
    Soldiers- did you mean that after the 44 year all of the TK soldiers have pumpkinhead? How about other mint Dachau type tabs?

Bullion embroidered skulls were used by officers until the end. They also had silver wire Bevo skulls. Silver wire was also used by junior ranks earlier on.

After 1944, most soldiers got the pumpkinhead. The TK Division was fed with thousands of recruits in 1944-45 to replace the vast numbers of front line casualties.

I have never seen a confirmed photo of the Dachau TK being worn.

For example................this photo looks like the Dachau type being worn, but it is not. It is the other similar type shown beside it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS TK mid war collartabs  

A figure from Mauthausen

Hoess and his cohort (Mengele, Kraemer) in the highlands above Auschwitz, 1944...the Solahuete. This is from the Holocaust museum photo album found recently.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast