Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Stammabteilung Officer's Tunic

Article about: This uniform was discovered by a picker in Munich a number of years ago. It was found with a pair of dress trousers. The collar tabs indicate that the Obersturmfuhrer was a member of S S Sta

Default Re: Stammabteilung Officer's Tunic

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    A veteran in Dallas had 10 dolches in a large picture frame in his den. An SA, couple of Armys, Lufts, an SS, RAD leader – you get the picture. His story was that several troops in his company had been getting in trouble with the local German populace “checking out” the local housing for “contraband” (loot) during occupation. The company commander sent him into the town where the guns, daggers, swords were required to be turned in and he was instructed to bring back a musette bag full, “enough for the whole company”. The Co. Commander told the troops at lunch that there was a war souvenir for each of them on one of the tables. When they finished lunch, go get one, and NOBODY better be getting trouble with the locals from now on. The vet said he simply brought back the daggers that were left on the table……the unwanted ones!!

Marvelous story. A fine example of leadership at the company level of command, as well. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stammabteilung Officer's Tunic
    P
    Many

Even in the "good old days," groupings like this were not found that often. My God, five Postschutz daggers! A Stammabteilung uniform with two hats. What a great find. I concur with Herr Berthold that a welcome to you is due, so welcome aboard.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Just incredible.......................

Bravo !

Sebastien.

a wonderful thread.

Thank you for bringing it back to the forefront. This thread pre-dates my joining here and I have not seen it before. Some wonderful items and terrific history.

?

Thanks to Bob, FB, and texasüberalles for the details of how these items came into their collections or the collections of others.

CMH

Last edited by DrCMH; 04-11-2015 at 08:16 AM.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Thanks to Bob, FB, and texasüberalles for the details of how these items came into their collections or the collections of others.

CMH
    And we are glad that you have benefited from this thread as have I, in fact.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3