Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Weisse Uniformen im hohen Amt

Article about: It sounds droll, but it is true, I could have bought this, but did not. A mutual friend of ours tried to buy it, too. It is in Canada.

Default Re: Weisse Uniformen im hohen Amt

It sounds droll, but it is true, I could have bought this, but did not. A mutual friend of ours tried to buy it, too.

It is in Canada.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weisse Uniformen im hohen Amt   Weisse Uniformen im hohen Amt  

Weisse Uniformen im hohen Amt  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weisse Uniformen im hohen Amt
    P
    Many

The blank collar patch is under appreciated as an historical artifact from the III. Reich. These uniforms were those of a Sipo personage of a Leitstelle in Hessen who apparently was a monstrous figure in the occupation of France. One of those careers about which now a fine literature exists in German, to be sure.

One seldom finds the black and white uniform together.

I guess I should have bought it, but it went to a high roller, which I am not.

By the same token, I should buy that Paul Kaps artillery field cap in Germany, but maybe I will have a stroke and deeply regret the purchase?

At least I did not own it, and then sell it only to find the thing in a Schiffer or Bender book, which has happened to me frequently.

I would ask one of my pen pals to post the ones he owns, but these are already well photographed in the Schiffer books, i.e. the one found in Starnberg, I think.

Just so you feel bad, here is what the white cap cost at the end of 1940. I thank colleague D'Alquen for this nice image.
    In looking at the UM, it is also plain that a lot of RZM Vertriebstellen that catered to the SA/SS trade also sold SS officer caps, it seems, or so I infer from the many images I have secured recently.

The Kleiderkasse was the credit co op way to buy uniforms without huge debt and being in hock to tailors.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weisse Uniformen im hohen Amt  

Here is what the textiles cost in the Kleiderkasse SS.

The uniform tailoring trade was subject to price controls, and my UM contain the price guide lines for various garments.

As the annonce here indicates, the white tunic was only to be made by a tailor.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weisse Uniformen im hohen Amt  

I have always been attracted by the white uniform of the SS, I think in part because it represents a very particular type of fashion that was synonymous with Europe in the twenties and thirties.
    Here is an interesting study of Brandt and Schaub wearing the SS version of the tunic together with Speer and Hoffmann at the Berghof.
    d'alquen

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I have always been attracted by the white uniform of the SS, I think in part because it represents a very particular type of fashion that was synonymous with Europe in the twenties and thirties.
    Here is an interesting study of Brandt and Schaub wearing the SS version of the tunic together with Speer and Hoffmann at the Berghof.
    d'alquen
    Thank you. There is a nice biography of Brandt published recently and Hoffman's memoirs were re issued recently.

I wrote above that Heini H's white uniform was found in Starnberg, when it was at discovered at the Tegernsee.

The UM also announces this uniform too in its 1939 editions. I shall have to find it.

Thanks again for your kind support of our totalitarian fashion experiment.

Here is another image from my fish story. I guess I should have bought it, but I was actually put off by the Ordenschnalle that the collector had added, but these may have indeed been the decorations to which he was entitled.

Oh well. And there was the black tunic, too...in fact.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    d'alquen
    d'alquen--thanks again for showing something I had never seen before. Any idea what Speer is wearing? It appears to be a PL double-breasted white tunic, which would be the first I have ever seen.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Chris,
    It certainly looks like it is double breasted. Here is a better view of that style of white tunic being worn by Wagner during a visit to a Hitler Youth camp in August 1939.
    d'alquen

double breasted in white, that is really something!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast