Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?

Article about: I appeal to the the experts in this field. You know who you are. Please tell me what you see. Thank you in advance.

Default Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?

I appeal to the the experts in this area of collecting. You know who you are. Tell me what you see. Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?   Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?  

Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?   Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?  

Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?   Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?  

Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?  
    Last edited by seventyeighth; 05-29-2015 at 05:17 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?
    P
    Many

?

I don't care for it.

?

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    I appeal to the the experts in this area of collecting. You know who you are. Tell me what you see. Thank you in advance.
    The lining is of the type found in the more evolved fakes, piping appears crude in the photos, although, better than many other attempts, and the tag is not correct. They still get the tags wrong, however, the cap is getting closer...but I would be curious to see it in person. I will leave the insignia to those with a greater depth of subject knowledge.

Contrast the following...

Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?

And then this...

Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?

Dr CMH is a wise analyst. The tag is surely a stinker. The badges on the cap look authentic, but I cannot wholly say.
    This is an obnoxious object, if indeed as fake as my colleague suggests. The thing needs to be examined in real life.
    Can I find a sweat band like the one here somewhere, please? I have need of good spares.

The education I've gotten here has served me well as I believed the tag was bad too. So not quite "textbook" as the seller describes it.

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    The education I've gotten here has served me well as I believed the tag was bad too. So not quite "textbook" as the seller describes it.
    The post 1936 enlisted black SS peaked cap is particularly liable to very well executed fakes.

These fakes are directly a result of two thing: a.) this kind of cap is plentiful enough that the fakers can reverse engineer a real one and b.) we have so expertly analyzed them on line that

the fakers are free to correct their work to harm the most persons.

Witzig, nicht wahr?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-29-2015 at 09:57 PM.

The badges are authentic indeed.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    The badges are authentic indeed.
    Thanks.

difficult to see without comparison...

but well made...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Thoughts on this black SS EM/NCO visor cap? 

Please be very careful here....Mr. Pascal has given us a clue to the problems here....but I do not want to point them all out, because that
    means a better fake in 2016 and 2017 and misery for the innocent. Pascal's bottom picture is the correct one....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast