Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Salty Götz Von Berlichingen cufftitle

Article about: Hi I thought I would post up one of my favourite SS cufftitles. I much prefer the worn cufftitles to the unissued ones. This is one that certainly has 'been there'. Raymond

RaymondG
    ?

Default Salty Götz Von Berlichingen cufftitle

Hi

I thought I would post up one of my favourite SS cufftitles. I much prefer the worn cufftitles to the unissued ones.

This is one that certainly has 'been there'.

Raymond
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Götz Von Berlichingen cufftitle  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Salty Götz Von Berlichingen cufftitle

I love it too Raymond !!! Nice and salty
    cheers
    Matt

"GvB" were a good combat unit and often get overshadowed by more famous Waffen SS units.

To me you cannot beat used combat worn items.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I like the salty items, the items with it's own history-spirit of war and a character. Not a stock examples, which you can say:- "Absolutely the same was being worn by german soldiers"

Rob
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    "GvB" were a good combat unit and often get overshadowed by more famous Waffen SS units.

To me you cannot beat used combat worn items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade-

I agree. GvB was also the only SS unit who's entire combat career was fought solely in the west.

IMHO there is no substitute for tunic-removed insignia. New/unissued pieces do nothing for me... I'd much rather have a piece of cloth that was actually worn, not one that sat in a quartermaster's storage room or supply depot.

Nice cufftitle, Raymond!
    Rob

?

thats a nice been there piece, rgds dave

240stevek
    ?

I am aware GvB served only on the Western front.
    At the SOS a collector told me this divsion fought only against American troops during its history.
    Anyone know if thats correct????

Steve

Super cuff thanks

Hey Steve,

Here's a pretty good article on their combat history. 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division Götz von Berlichingen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Raymond, fantastic cufftitle! Please join the forum and show us everything else you have.

Hi Guys, I see this old thread has been brought back up by Mike who is finding some old buried treasures from the forum's early days.

Raymond is a good friend of mine, but is now really busy with a new baby girl in the family.

Steve very sadly passed away last year.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.