Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Adrian Sellner, SS Mann "Rock SS"

Article about: For those interested in a black service uniform of the Allgemeine SS in honest condition, this piece just appeared which I can recommend with enthusiasm. It is the issue tunic of the era 193

Default Adrian Sellner, SS Mann "Rock SS"

For those interested in a black service uniform of the Allgemeine SS in honest condition, this piece just appeared which I can recommend with enthusiasm. It is the issue tunic of the era 1937-1939 with all the features one seeks, save someone removed two pieces of insignia at some point. It is on the Grenadier Militaria website.

Bob Coleman will remind us that this sort of vandalism of insignia is quite normal, despite the fetish of the untouched regalia appearing either from the veteran or the actual owner's family in Kempten or Hannover Nord.

Notice the cuff titles denotes the 3d Sturm of whatever Standarte this was, and not the 3 Standarte of Nuremberg as indicated in the description.

If someone can decipher the Sutterlin of the locale where this man lived, I would be grateful. My attempts have drawn a blank.

Who was Adrian Sellner and what happened to him?

PS this is not my property, either.

One seldom gets a chance to have a named piece as this, as most of the black uniforms extant are ex Lenfilm pieces that have been rebuilt. This piece is not that at all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adrian Sellner, SS Mann "Rock SS"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adrian Sellner, SS Mann "Rock SS"
    P
    Many

Default Re: Adrian Sellner, SS Mann "Rock SS"

anything known about the Fussstandarten number, cannot make details out from the names tag. Very nice indeed!

I absolute agree the sort of vandalism of insignia was normal.
    Also consider the time frames and all what happened in bettween lets say 1937 till 2009. Consider also the ex DDR ...

I believe the thing is from Bavaria.

Elwoerchein, or Elwaerenhein or -heim

Of course, towns with -heim tend to be on the Rhine, as you know.

The main thing, unlike so much else, this tunic is authentic and it is not one of the Lenfilm ones.

Plus, since so many of you are concerned to know the owner of said object, Sellner's SS number is there for all the world to see. Maybe he was also Austria or in the Sudetenland, which are also possibilities when one considers the year 1938.

Yes I am pretty sure from the SS number is much to find out from this tunics history. Oh, -heim you will find also close to Nuremberg. My hometown Windsheim with all the surrounding villages have -heim's as well. I assume very much it is a street name with it's number 8 and something with -hain on the end.

I wonder if the "8" there denotes a Standarte, which would be that of Hirschberg. But who knows?

The main thing it is a nice, honest, un diddled piece that is apparently "out of the woodwork" in the US Midwest and came from an informed source.

You tell me its real worth, but it is not one of the re tooled ex Russian ones, which has some merit. The latter are ok, too, save that the reconstruction of same is usually poorly done.

When you google Adrian Sellner, Robert, your Franconian brethern turn up.

And, my final point, in the main, these tunics come from the US zone of occupation or stationing of NATO/USAREUR/USAFE forces, almost without exception, save for some Austrian examples (and US forces were in the Salzburg and western Austria until 1955) or even the rare Bohemian/Sudeten unit. That is, where US forces reached Plzen as you know.
    Attached Images Attached Images Adrian Sellner, SS Mann "Rock SS"