Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allg. SS tunic with early visor

Article about: A very nice grouping (to me) regardless of the post-war application of the unit collar tab - Well done!!

Default Allg. SS tunic with early visor

My allgemeine SS tunic with very early leather visor.

- - Updated - -

122 reg. Strassburg, tab put on postwar by previuos owner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allg. SS tunic with early visor
    P
    Many

Default Re: Allg. SS tunic with early visor

Allg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visor
    rear

- - Updated - -

Attachment 404313

WOW! Very nice set you go there

Allg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorVery nice indeed. I do not want to put too much a point on this, but your tunic is of a unit raised in the year 1940 with the configuration of insignia in use post late 1937.
    The cap is of an earlier date.
    Sta. 122 was established in Strassburg/Strasbourg after the German conquest of France.
    The insignia in use at the time said cap was more or less in use were the white or grey embroidery on the collar patch and the colored cuff titles.
    Of course, variations existed.

The use of the alu embroidery for the collar patch of the Allgem. SS in enlisted ranks was first permitted at the time that the colored cuff titles were phased out. That is, in the course of 1937, at which time the Allgem. SS clothing regulations were revised from their posture of 1934. We have discussed this issue a hundred times here.
    Needless to say, not all adhered to said regulation.
    Without dispute, however, is the fact that the 122 Sta. was a lately raised unit, part of the wave of such Allgem. SS units organized in the years 1938-1940 in the tide of Nazi conquests.

- - Updated - -

Allg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorA Sta. 122 Montur would require more this cap.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-01-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Allg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorLeather peaks on SS caps, especially for officers, were forbidden in 1938. The caps shown here were made earlier, as early as 1933 or so.
    The RFSS marking requirement eventuated in the course of 1934.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Allg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorVery nice indeed. I do not want to put too much a point on this, but your tunic is of a unit raised in the year 1940 with the configuration of insignia in use post late 1937.
    The cap is of an earlier date.
    Sta. 122 was established in Strassburg/Strasbourg after the German conquest of France.
    The insignia in use at the time said cap was more or less in use were the white or grey embroidery on the collar patch and the colored cuff titles.
    Of course, variations existed.
    Hi Friedrich, the visor match the tunic (both in wool) so i put in just for display.
    Anyway you know in a regiment, moreover in a fresch occupied territory, could easily arrive men from other regiments.
    The points could be... how a 122 tunic could be found in a Soviet museum? So... i don't think the 122 tab could rexist so much in my tunic. As i said the tab was reapplied as confirmed by seller and Francoise collectors who know this tunic since 20/25 years ago (other insignas were found into pocket).
    Attached an image of the 122 tab in wartime period
    Attachment 404393
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allg. SS tunic with early visor  

Allg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorI also own a Sta. 122 tunic, captured by the U.S. troops who took the town. Needless to say, Strasbourg was not taken by the Red Army.
    In fact, I bought the tunic from Bruce Herman.

perhaphs my english in not good

i wrote:
    ... how a 122 tunic could be found in a Soviet museum? So... i don't think the 122 tab could rexist so much in my tunic.

As i said the tab was reapplied as confirmed by seller

Very salient point of information, indeed.

The material I have included is, to the best of my forty five years of experience, organic to the textiles shown.
    Schwerin and Strasbourg were both liberated by U.S. troops.
    I had not known of Schwerin's fate, but the U.S. withdrew soon after taking the town, to be replaced by the UK and later USSR forces.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast