Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Allg SS tunic offered to me

Article about: Thanks for the explanation of the Russian film studios.

?

Default Allg SS tunic offered to me

But i think the insignia are fakes as the tunic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allg SS tunic offered to  me   Allg SS tunic offered to  me  

Allg SS tunic offered to  me  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allg SS tunic offered to  me
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Allg SS tunic offered to me

Buttons

- - Updated - -

Sorry for the bad pics, but i hope that enough to determine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allg SS tunic offered to  me   Allg SS tunic offered to  me  

Allg SS tunic offered to  me   Allg SS tunic offered to  me  

Allg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meThe insignia are fake, as is the tag. The tunic itself might be an ex Lenfilm one, found stripped, but I cannot tell from you images. Your images of the tunic itself are not complete. The lining looks bad, too, in fact. The shoulder strap might be real, but these are easily found loose and affixed to fake tunics.
    In any case, contrast to these enclosures. I have included several issue pieces of the era 1936-1939. These are not privately tailored. The SSVT wore alu insignia on the black tunic, as seen in my enclosures.

The tunic in question wishes to be an SSVT tunic, not an Allgem. SS tunic. In the years 1934 until 1939 or so, all branches of the SS wore black for certain orders of dress.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-06-2012 at 08:25 PM.

The guy above me know what he's talking about

Quote by Normandie View Post
    The guy above me know what he's talking about
    I am not sure about this generalization, but I have some above average experience, for what little it is worth.

if you want to call what i understand of your experience handling these materials "above average", i will go along with that particular nomenclature out of respect for you. however, i think privately at least, i will go along with Normandie's style of expressing the facts.

?

What exactly is Lenfilm, I have never heard about it

I will call the guy to make better pics about the tunic itself and thanks for your help Friedrich-Berthold.

Herbert

?

Lenfilm, is a Leningrad filmstudio, located at St Peterburg, Russia. In the end of 80's there was a very big collection of original items, but all of them mostly sold to the private collectors/dealers. As personally, I'Ve been there in 1988 year and there was a bunch of different militaria, really a thousands of the helmets, mostly overpainted, and most of them was a SS helmets, most probably taken after the war from the wolchow front as a trophees.
    In the beginning of 90's one US dealer , He lived in Riga for a long time, I did not know his last name, but name is Glenn, bought there approx a 1000 pcs of the Heeres mint drillichs.
    There also still a Gorky filmstudio in the Moscow, it's still full of similar stuff, but is not accessible for the private hands.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Lenfilm tunics in most cases has all the tags inside of the pockets, but most of them has a fake studio made insignia, which was awfully painted with silver paint and in absolutely wrong shape.
    I had one very strange tunic from this studio, which has a viskosa/silk liner with embroidered word SS-VT over each square cm, so it covered full the liner. But unfortunately it was sold 20 years ago, and I didn't made any of the pictures
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Lenfilm, is a Leningrad filmstudio, located at St Peterburg, Russia. In the end of 80's there was a very big collection of original items, but all of them mostly sold to the private collectors/dealers. As personally, I'Ve been there in 1988 year and there was a bunch of different militaria, really a thousands of the helmets, mostly overpainted, and most of them was a SS helmets, most probably taken after the war from the wolchow front as a trophees.
    In the beginning of 90's one US dealer , He lived in Riga for a long time, I did not know his last name, but name is Glenn, bought there approx a 1000 pcs of the Heeres mint drillichs.
    There also still a Gorky filmstudio in the Moscow, it's still full of similar stuff, but is not accessible for the private hands.
    Dima his name is-Glenn L.Lowe .Wery nice guy-during hi,s time here in Riga we made hundreds of deals.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast