Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stamps

Article about: I'd like to start a long discussion about 3 questions. Simply but interesting i hope to make 1) the double "medical pockets" on SS tunics (not behind but on frontal zone) 2) lining

?

Default Re: Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stamps

Here is pic of a relined tunic which originated from the Mosfilm Studios as i was told from FB for comparison

Dont no why some "Collectors" do such stupid thing in the past, but i have seen worst things done on original items
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stamps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stamps
    P
    Many

Default Re: Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stamps

Quote by Ostmark View Post
    Here is pic of a relined tunic which originated from the Mosfilm Studios as i was told from FB for comparison

Dont no why some "Collectors" do such stupid thing in the past, but i have seen worst things done on original items
    Thank you. The purpose, of course, is to remove the Soviet or Czechoslovak or Bohemian stamps from what are otherwise quite real items.

The VA SS issue tunics from 1935 or 1936 onward that I have seen generally (...?...) do not have this lining above, which is found, however, in tailored tunics.....

However, an early species of such tunic I own with an RFSS tag (1934?) does indeed have pajama lining in the sleeves....so.

In any case, my generalizations are based on my observations, and they are far from complete.

How many of these things existed in 1938 or 1939 and exist now such that they can be examined by the eager throng of collectors and Uniformkunde enthusiasts?

Geo. Petersen's coup with the central and eastern European film treasures changed this thing all fundamentally, as prior to that moment, all that existed in my experience were those more or less intact examples bagged by U.S. service members and the detritus in the collector biotope.

Once he dumped the heap of these on the market, they furnished the basis for good fakes, retailed by no. German dealers and their followers in the continental U.S. and also real pieces that were redecorated.

The latter surely have their place, whereas the former are a real nuisance to the beginning collector. The wholly made up items are never in my experience made to the standard of an original.

Numerous authentic uniforms are the erste Garnitur, that is, the walking out and special wear uniform, usually tailored, and pretty recognizable as an object from the era, i.e. with age and such as well as excellent tailoring.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-21-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsViz: These are tailored, I think, or they are the Trikot type of uniform that one could purchase.
    In the case of the latter, I have not seen marks as such to indicate this variety.

Maybe you have.....?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stamps  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-22-2012 at 07:20 AM.

Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsHere is a Sudeten item with pajama lining of the sleeves. This is not an issue tunic, that is, not likely issued via the VA SS.

Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsThis one I secured recently and it is of early make, and it surely has grey cotton lined sleeves. It is the issue variety, heavily marked.
    Thanks to Bill Shea for these images.

Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsThese are size markings of the more comprehensive sort.

Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampspp. The maker has added his info here, which was forbidden.

Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stamps I believe this is from 1934, but am not sure.

- - Updated - -

These stamps are now faked, of course.

Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAnother.

Hi Friedrich, could you read the full stamp of Aloise Helbe?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast