Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allgem. SS officers in grey uniform

Article about: Allgemeine SS officers in grey uniform. Sta. 108= Prag, Abschnitt XXXIX=Bruenn, Maehren.

Default Allgem. SS officers in grey uniform

Allgemeine SS officers in grey uniform. Allgem. SS officers in grey uniform Sta. 108= Prag, Abschnitt XXXIX=Bruenn, Maehren.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgem. SS officers in grey uniform
    P
    Many

Arcane in contrast to the normal ripping yarn about a Panzer knacker, but these people in Czechia are a particular hobby horse of mine.....

A medal I dont commonly see is the SS man with the 108 cuff title. A black swastika medal with a 1923 date in the middle I believe. The SS mann with the XXXIX cuff title is quite grim looking..but yet has a great afforded view of an SA sports badge maybe in silver. Cold dark orb who rules the night..who removes these colors from our sight....Red is grey yellow is white ...( Moody Blues for the younger generation reading this ......but half tones...play tricks on us also. Your photos are quite exquisite as I can see such detail on the sleeve eagle that it looks silver more so than white as black and white photos establish. Great pics!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Allgem. SS officers in grey uniformAllgem. SS officers in grey uniformAllgem. SS officers in grey uniformThe photo is from the CTK site, the Czech press agency, which has fine images from the Protektorat and also those parts of Czechia annexed directly to the Reich, i.e. the Sudetengau etc. Enclosed are images of Karl Hermann Frank in 1940. Notice the use of the black and grey uniform together.

?TK - ?eská tisková kancelá?

The badge on the Standartenfuehrer with the "108" is an NSDAP badge from the early struggles of the party in its infancy I think.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The badge on the Standartenfuehrer with the "108" is an NSDAP badge from the early struggles of the party in its infancy I think.
    It's one of the NSDAP's Gauehrenzeichen [Gau Honor Badges]. This one is the gemeinsames Ehrenzeichen für die Gaue Sachsen, Bayerische Ostmark, Halle-Merseburg, Hessen-Nassau, Magdeburg-Anhalt und Mecklenburg. There were two versions of this badge, one with the year 1923 and one with the year 1925 in the center of the Swastika.

The two Standartenführer have been identified elsewhere as Werner Pögel of the 108th SS-Standarte and Emil Hans Schuran, Stabsführer of SS-Abschnitt XXXIX.

(See: Axis History Forum • Unknown SS officers )

?

Of note is the very wide sweatband in the visor cap. You see this quite often in period photos yet rarely in caps in collections these days. Puzzling...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgem. SS officers in grey uniform  

?

I am always amazed at the knowledge members share from a few photos.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It's one of the NSDAP's Gauehrenzeichen [Gau Honor Badges]. This one is the gemeinsames Ehrenzeichen für die Gaue Sachsen, Bayerische Ostmark, Halle-Merseburg, Hessen-Nassau, Magdeburg-Anhalt und Mecklenburg. There were two versions of this badge, one with the year 1923 and one with the year 1925 in the center of the Swastika.

The two Standartenführer have been identified elsewhere as Werner Pögel of the 108th SS-Standarte and Emil Hans Schuran, Stabsführer of SS-Abschnitt XXXIX.

(See: Axis History Forum • Unknown SS officers )
    Thank you, Andreas, I should have said where I stole the image.

Allgem. SS officers in grey uniformbut also you see here clearly the dreaded and disbelieved...........no?..........can it be?......."crimped prongs".....!!!!

What's wrong with those silly Nazis? No one every actually crimped a prong through the lining of the cap. Never. I read it on the maroon forum.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-09-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast